British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitchell: 8
Terence: 5
Marisue: 1
Esther: 0

After taking quite a beating by The Flying Dutchman in Pirate's Cove, Dan slinked away to make some pizza and ceasar salad. Since that wasn't going to take much time, we pulled out Pickomino for a quick game while we waited for the cooking of the yummy food to be completed and the eating of the yummy food to commence.

I have a definite strategy in Pickomino, and that is "Always take worms when you can, no matter how many there are!". Many was the time that I would roll and get quite high numbers, but never get the needed worm to take a tile. And so on the very first roll that provides a worm, I take it immediately!

Mitchell also had a strategy. His went more along the lines of "roll incredibly well, and somehow always hit a number that allows you to steal someone else's worm". Not a bad strategy overall, if you can pull it off. Also the theft of worms is pretty funny (except when they're mine).

In the end, his strategy won out over mine, despite the many times I attempted to convince him to "Take the 1's, you can roll *WAY* more 5's than that!"

Fortunately, the victory came at the same time that the food was ready, and so his victory dance (most likely his genetic inheritance from good ol' Dancin' Dan) was cut short to make room for the pizza.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.