The Guns of Gettysburg» Forums » Rules

Subject: defensive artillery token resolution... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Would someone clarify this: "(Defending player.) Expend all the tokens you put in the Used Token Stack for tokens with bombardment hits. For every two used tokens you expend (fractions rounded down), blind draw one token from your battle pool and put it in your tray. Used tokens without bombardment hits go back in your tray."

I really don't understand the first sentence, nor how it relates to the last! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Bass
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
badge
What's this? Why, it's the Hiller Flying Platform! It flew in 1955.
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to keep separate track of artillery tokens that take Bombardment hits from those that do not. If you absorb Bombardment hits from the attacker with your artillery tokens, your tokens are "expended" (i.e. the artillery destroyed). If you used your tokens and fired your artillery but didn't take any bombardment hits, the artillery is still there to be used later. The tokens without Bombardment hits go back in your tray, ready to go again.

Sorry if this seems like I'm just saying what is in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
9 92 33 JOFA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may find my attack tutorial helpful; it addresses this section (with pictures!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Haggerty
United States
flag msg tools
When a player expends a token, he permanently removes it from play for the rest of the game. This is defined on page 7.

Among the artillery tokens that the defender played during an attack, only those that received a bombardment hit during that attack are expended (removed from the game) -- the tokens that did not receive a hit simply go back into his battle tray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bfletcher wrote:
Would someone clarify this: "(Defending player.) Expend all the tokens you put in the Used Token Stack for tokens with bombardment hits. For every two used tokens you expend (fractions rounded down), blind draw one token from your battle pool and put it in your tray. Used tokens without bombardment hits go back in your tray."

I really don't understand the first sentence, nor how it relates to the last! Thanks.

There are two Used Token stacks for each player: one for tokens with bombardment hits and one for tokens without bombardment hits. The first quoted sentence describes what happens to the tokens in the former stack. The second quoted sentence describes what happens to the tokens in the latter stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.