Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marisue: 30
Terence: 14

really like the Mystery Rummy series of games, and we own most of them, including games also designed by Mike Fitzgerald that don't technically fall under the name Mystery Rummy. For example, Wyatt Earp.

Wyatt Earp is the one game in this series that I really can't ever seem to win. (Of course, if you include History's Mysteries, there are 2.) Either I never get the cards I need when I need them, or I just don't know what I'm doing. I haven't decided which.

But Marisue wanted to have a game, perhaps spurred on by narrowing winning a game against Lylje just the day before. And I'm always up for gaming, so I said "Sure!".

The game lasted, I believe, a quick 2 rounds, in which I was completely and utterly decimated. During the first round I managed to squeak out a measly $3000, while Marisue raked in $14,000.

Way back when we played this more often, I adopted a strategy that involved not laying down any cards unless doing so allowed me to go out. I got all sad whenever I would work hard to increase the reward for a particular Bandit, only to have Marisue get the cards she needed to either steal the reward outright, or get the larger share of it.

Of course, this strategy led to us playing the game less regularly.

If only I had employed it in this particular game, I might have come out ahead, instead of just matching in two rounds what Marisue managed to accomplish in only one.

And so I was left in the dust, a broken and dejected outlaw wrangler. I envision myself walking off into the sunset, being rained on by a black cloud that hangs directly over my head.

I immediately yelled "AGAIN!" and silently vowed revenge. So we set up for another play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.