Popular Tags: [View All]
arz man
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dani and myself decided to try a scenario with plenty of different units so we went for Arnhem Bridge which has much variety: Axis has normal infantry, special infantry, normal armour, special armour and artillery, while Allies have special infantry and artillery.

Dani played first as the Germans. He moved his top right units out of the corner fast, but he neglected his bottom left infantries which I managed to destroy (2). I lost a special infantry in the process (1). He took my far right infantry quite easily (which I'd moved up to the city close to the brifge) and one of my artilleries as well (3). I took one of those infantries he'd brought down from the right (3) and could also take an armour unit he'd brought over the bridge (4) using my remaining artillery. He took another of my left flank infantries which I'd brought to the centre to help out the artillery (4). I finally took out his right flank infantry (5). He never managed to use his artillery or his special armor units. So Allies won 5-4.

We switched sides and I started by taking my bottom left infantries to safe spots in the nearby woods. He moved his far right infantry to the nearby city close to the bridge. I started bringing my top right units down (I feared an air attack and thought infantries would be more useful to me than armour since he had 2 artilleries I had to get rid of), but he destroyed one with his artillery (1). I moved my top infantry down to the riverside and an armour unit across the bridge. He got rid of my armour unit (2) and I got rid of his special infantry in the city close to the left of the bridge (with my artillery) (1). With my bottom left units I took two of his special units (3) but lost one (3). I took his far right infantry (4) and he took my remaining bottom left infantry (4), which was a single figure, just when I was going to play a DIG IN. He only had 2 artilleries and 1 distant infantry now so his mobility was quite reduced. But before I could take my far right infantries up to the corner again (away from his artillery) he fired at them and destroyed one (5). Allies won again 5-4 so we drew 9 all.

It was close and great fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.