United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
Our table isn't small exactly, but it's about an inch more narrow than the width of the Railroad Tycoon board. This means that the board overhangs the table by about a half-inch on both sides. Because the board is in three separate pieces, it's easy to bump one section where it hangs over the edge of the table, and send pieces sliding all over. But we have a fix for that!

Go to your local WhateverMart and pick up a couple of rolls of shelf liner. You want the kind that is made of rubber or tacky plastic, to prevent slippage. Cut it to the size of your table (or if you prefer, to the size of the RRT board) and lay it down before you lay out the RRT board. You'll probably need a couple of rolls, laid out side-by-side. And presto - the board won't slide at all!

There are other games where this is useful, such as Catan, Twilight Imperium, and other modular-board games. Also the liner can help protect your table top from various kinds of abuse; so ours is cut to the size of the table, so we can use it with lots of different games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a nice size sheet of that just for situations like the above. I have used it for Pitch Car and DOOM, mostly. Works great, and it's black, so at least for me, it adds to the atomsphere of DOOM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.