Subject: [Deck] Gabriel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hey all, trying to iron out my Gabe deck. My initial pass on this keeps having me thinking that I'm trying to do waaaaaay too much at once.

I like the idea of datasucker with the Anarch fixed-strength breakers (Femme for annoyances like Tollbooth if it gets rezzed, though Emergency Shutdown usually solves that problem too.

R&D Interface instead of Makers Eye for obvious reasons. I really, really want HQ interface in there as well.

Lots of Bioroid ICE in the local meta so two copies (not needed ASAP, but would like to draw at some point).

I'm worried about Sneakdoor, even with Dyson, that's a memory hog when trying to get datasuckers running. I'm really not sure if that's a good idea.

Crypsis may or may not be needed with the other breakers and Test Run around, but I like having the option of being able to break anything even if it's inefficient (it'd get uninstalled in the late game).

Despite being Gabe, I feel like my economy is really going to die fast in the mid to late game. As much as I like the datasucker+anarch breakers, I'm not sure they fit what I'm trying to do. Has anyone pulled this off successfully? Does anyone have advice or pointers? Any suggestions on how to focus the deck more?

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (17)
Account Siphon (Core) x3
Forged Activation Orders (Core) x2
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) x3
Inside Job (Core) x3
Special Order (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3

Hardware: (11)
E3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) x2
Desperado (Core) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x3
Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount) x2
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x2 ■■

Program: (14)
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x2
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Yog.0 (Core) x2 ■
Femme Fatale (Core) x2
Crypsis (Core) x2
Mimic (Core) x2 ■
Datasucker (Core) x2 ■

Resource: (3)
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 10
Criminal: 55
Shaper: 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
Microbadge: xkcd fanMicrobadge: 2012 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG poster
I think memory is your big issue. In my opinion you have two options, anarch breakers or Sneakdoor. The reason being the need for multiple datasuckers and the massive memory issue from this since you can't afford djinn. Problem there is Gabe needs/wants to attack HQ for those 2c every turn, and therefore loves Sneakdoor.

I've had good luck with an Andromeda deck using Anarch breakers and getting 3 datasuckers on a djinn, but I don't run Sneakdoor. All my Gabe decks have been Crypsis and ice derezzing with a couple other breakers to target specific ice. I think this may be trying to combine the two, which sadly might not be efficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
You can boil it down to 2 out of 3 choices-
Breakers besides Crypsis / Sneakdoor / datasuckers (take 3 in this case, you hope to draw 2)

Aim for 5 memory (so 3 desperados, no dysons) and build from there. Anything fancier than that is trying to do too much)

Personally I don't like to combo datasucker and sneakdoor, I like to give the corp 1 need to defend archives, more than that is not necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
Yeah, I figured as much. I'm going to lean towards sneakdoor, then.

Probably 2 copies of femme, 2 copies of corroder, 3 crypsis. Any suggestions for a decoder?

Would like Katie Jones for late-game money.

That also gives me a quite a bit of influence to play with. Would leave me with 7 left. Was considering a 3rd R&D interface, but not sure if it's needed.

Stimhack for a super run? Gordian Blade? Liberated Accounts? Vamp?

I'm really not sure what is needed.

I could also do something like take Maker's Eye to try and make a 6-card dig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
Microbadge: xkcd fanMicrobadge: 2012 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG poster
I ran Gordian Blade as my decoder, but many run Yog. You could run 1 of each and special order for the one that you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
Geez Gordian is pricey (influence).

I have a solid idea of what I want for the core of the deck, it's just the extra stuff I'm not sure of.

Compromised Employees is iffy, but I do like getting cash when my opponent rezzes ICE. However Infiltration might be another good option.

Don't really have a way to get rid of tags efficiently at the moment and losing Katie Jones or Compromised employees would suck. Decoy or Crash Space a good idea (even though I already have triple carapace? Hell maybe even New Angeles.

Thoughts on the following list?

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (18)
Account Siphon (Core) x2
Forged Activation Orders (Core) x2
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) x3
Inside Job (Core) x3
Special Order (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Infiltration (Core) x2

Hardware: (9)
Desperado (Core) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x3
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x2 ■■
HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow) x2

Program: (10)
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x2
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Femme Fatale (Core) x2
Crypsis (Core) x2
Gordian Blade (Core) x2 ■■■

Resource: (8)
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Compromised Employee (Trace Amount) x3
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 4
Criminal: 54
Shaper: 10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
You'll want to put the third siphon back in, amazing card for Gabe. As for Gordian influence you could always run just 1 and eitherYoog or Zu as the other. Special order for Whichever you need. Or just run a single copy of Gordian and an extra Crypsis. With the extra influence you could run something fun like Demo Run. Really great if you see your opponent is hoarding Biotic Labour and you have a couple HQ interface out.

If you plan on ditching tags you could consider going to 2 Plascrete, depends on how much SE you see. A third Sneakdoor can be good as well. That's a card you want to see early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
I do like the extra account siphon. If you took demo run, would you go with one or two copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
TKNumber3 wrote:
I think memory is your big issue. In my opinion you have two options, anarch breakers or Sneakdoor. The reason being the need for multiple datasuckers and the massive memory issue from this since you can't afford djinn. Problem there is Gabe needs/wants to attack HQ for those 2c every turn, and therefore loves Sneakdoor.

(I'm going to be referring to your original deck list since it looks more promising to me than the second one you listed)

I've had good luck with an Andromeda deck using Anarch breakers and getting 3 datasuckers on a djinn, but I don't run Sneakdoor. All my Gabe decks have been Crypsis and ice derezzing with a couple other breakers to target specific ice. I think this may be trying to combine the two, which sadly might not be efficient.
I've played a deck similar to this only using Andromeda instead of Gabe and my playgroup has taken it to 3 regional events and won 2 of them using it and all of us Top 8ing each time. However, the original deck before Andromeda came out used Gabe and wasn't much different. Honestly the Gabe version was more powerful thanks to his ability, and was never short on cash, but Andromeda almost never gets a bad draw into a bad mulligan, so we went with her for consistency's sake.

You can run both Sneakdoor and the Fixed Strength Breakers. If anyone tells you otherwise, they are playing Sneakdoor incorrectly. Sneakdoor should not be considered a permanent part of your rig. It's an early game card that you want to use in order to spread their ICE nice and thin, or maybe just snatch an early win if the corp gets unlucky. Once that part of the game is over and they've protected their archives, Sneakdoor's done its job and can be discarded. Also, you only really need 1 data sucker to function (but 2 makes it so its almost impossible for them to keep you out). As a side note, Datasucker actually loves hanging out with Sneakdoor, since it makes those Archive runs for virus tokens and Desperado cash way more productive. If anything I would cut the Crypsis and turn at least one of the Femmes into a Faerie, if not both. I would also add one more Datasucker since your original deck list only has 14 influence and that card is insane. Also, if you have one another Desperado, though I understand this is probably an issue of availability rather than a conscious choice to cut one.

As for other stuff, Forged Activation Order is a lot less good than it used to be, as is emergency shutdown (people stopped playing big ICE as much). I would keep in 2 ES just to punish anyone who thinks they can get away with playing big ICE, but I ended up cutting my FAO a long time ago haven't yet regretted it. Mr. Li is another excellent card for this deck as well since it wants as many ways as possible to find that last ICE breaker. I would try 2 or even 3 (though 3 might be too many). Bank Job seems to be a pretty awesome economy card right now with Eve Campaign being one of the main economy cards of Choice in HB, and Marked Accounts + Pad Campaign seeing a good amount of play in NBN. It's pretty terrible against Weyland, but that's not a huge deal since its so good against the other 2. I would consider one or 2 of them. Compramised employees is another economy card that is definitely worth considering as well.

I agree that this style of play a little works better in Andromeda, but it's still very good in Gabe, somewhat less consistent, but a good deal more powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
jediloser wrote:

You can run both Sneakdoor and the Fixed Strength Breakers. If anyone tells you otherwise, they are playing Sneakdoor incorrectly. Sneakdoor should not be considered a permanent part of your rig. It's an early game card that you want to use in order to spread their ICE nice and thin, or maybe just snatch an early win if the corp gets unlucky. Once that part of the game is over and they've protected their archives, Sneakdoor's done its job and can be discarded.

I partially agree with your Sneakdoor comments, but will put in this counterpoint. Sneakdoor does just what you said in Gabe. Personally I would continue to use it in combination with ice derezzing, attacking whatever server was easier at the time and forcing the corp to continue spending money on archives. In my experience, with multiple Datasuckers in play archives gets iced up quickly anyway, working to spread out the corp ice much as sneakdoor does. You are trading datasucker tokens for HQ access, your call if this is a good trade.

I do think you can play this exact deck with Gabe, I just think Gabe does better with the Tag Me style and hitting HQ every turn, where Andromeda can focus more on remotes and R&D. Plus the consistency in the draw when wanting all those breakers and datasuckers is fantastic.

To the OP, don't let us fully build your deck. I think at this point we have given multiple comments that agree and contradict at the same time, so now you need to test and see what works for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls