Evan Rattner
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
People humiliating a salami
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In both the rulebook and the Terrain Reference card, the Fort's first bulletpoint states: "The square that is occupied by a Fort Tile can be moved into with the Move, Slide, or Jump Slide icons..."

But then, 2 bulletpoints further, it says, "A Fort Tile can be jumped over with the Jump or Jump Slide icons (as noted, though, you cannot enter the Fort square with these icons)."

So which is it: can you enter a Fort with a Jump Slide or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I would say the same.
If you are jumping over the fort (or any tile) that doesn't count as entering or otherwise interacting with the jumped tile, so no capturing what you jumped over.
Ending a jump or jump slide move in a square captures normally.

Though I haven't read the rulebook, that seems to make sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Rattner
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
People humiliating a salami
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That works for me. It seems weird that the rules are on the verge of explicitly saying that you can't enter a fort by ending a jump move on the fort tile when, as you say, the intent seems to be that you can't enter a fort by jumping *over* its tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
If I had to guess I would say the parenthetical about was meant for the jump only.
An Assassin standing next to a Fort cannot enter it either, so jump slide is also included in that parenthetical.

But I agree with the general sentiment---a tile 'in the air' can't enter a Fort/Camelot. Guess this means my Michael Jordan tile will have a harder time entering the Madison Square Garden tile for my basketball themed version of the Duke, a.k.a The Dunk: Medieval Court-side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
slick pdx

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised and really disappointed that this hasn't been answered by someone from Catalyst. Nothing I can find at the Catalyst Games website either. This has totally derailed Arthurian Legends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone ever get an answer to this?