Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to fit Dark City in the original box with the base game. All of my cards are sleeved with Ultra-Pro "Pro Fit" sleeves. There's even a tiny bit more room for enough dividers that were disappointingly absent should they become available (or if I make some). Are the sleeves I've chosen that much thinner than the ones most others are using?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question. Why did you start a new thread for this? They are discussing this very topic in several threads, why not state this as a response in one of those threads?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthofZA wrote:
Quick question. Why did you start a new thread for this? They are discussing this very topic in several threads, why not state this as a response in one of those threads?

I want to ask this question every time I see a "which characters do we want to see next" thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Holt
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
So just ignore the thread and don't answer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the OP let me state a couple of things:

I've read the other threads and decided that I would start a new thread because I asked a specific question concerning the thickness of Ultra Pro Pro-fit sleeves. I found no other thread that distinguished between differing brands of sleeves and their ability to fit into the base Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game box.

I'm not a "newcomer". In fact I've been a BGG since 2005.

Quote:
"...I just find it frustrating to answer the same question multiple times in multiple threads."

Let me tell you a secret, NOBODY is MAKING you answer ANYTHING. There's nothing compelling ANYONE to post anything. If you don't like people posting "repeat questions", just MOVE ALONG. Heck, you even have the little red "X" so that you can hide the entire thread and not be bothered by anything posted in it. I don't understand why you would waste YOUR time on a thread that frustrates you. Read it, "X" it if you want, MOVE ALONG, and don't waste your time crapping threads.

EDIT: Ninja's by Chris Holt who said what I was thinking more succinctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To (sort of) answer your original question, my guess would be that yes, the pro fit sleeves are markedly thinner. Now, I have neverused them myself, and a quick search did not give me a number of how thick they are, but they are designed as an "under sleeve" - you put the card in the pro fit and then put a regular sleeve over it for better protection. I would therefore guess that they are at max as thick as penny sleeves, which would be about 40 to 50 microns, while premium sleeves are usually about 100 microns thick.

So I would think that yeah, with a total of 850 cards, what sleeves you use will make a difference

NB: all of that information comes from a quick google search, not actul expertise in the subject - if someone has better information to share, please do so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobblySavage wrote:
I would therefore guess that they are at max as thick as penny sleeves, which would be about 40 to 50 microns, while premium sleeves are usually about 100 microns thick.

So I would think that yeah, with a total of 850 cards, what sleeves you use will make a difference

I use quite a bit of FFG sleeves and am aware that they are thicker than the Ultra Pro Pro-fits I used for Legendary. Just from touch and feel, it didn't seem that they were 2X as thick! surprise Are the "Official" Legendary sleeves by Legion as thick as FFG sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danishdonut wrote:
I've been absolutely amazed by all of the repeat questions we've seen on here in the last week. So many questions have been answered in the last several months, and most of them in the same handful of threads, and the diligent keep having to link to them to prove to newcomers that their questions have been answered for some time now. I apologize if I sound elitist or anything, but I just find it frustrating to answer the same question multiple times in multiple threads.

I would like to apologize for my previous outburst. It was completely uncalled for and really out of character. I was not trying to imply that the OP was new to BGG, but was referring to newcomers as people new to this game's forums. And yes, I know I don't have to answer the questions, but as someone who has followed every thread on this page from the day it was created, I feel a sense of obligation. My sincerest apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danishdonut wrote:
Danishdonut wrote:
I've been absolutely amazed by all of the repeat questions we've seen on here in the last week. So many questions have been answered in the last several months, and most of them in the same handful of threads, and the diligent keep having to link to them to prove to newcomers that their questions have been answered for some time now. I apologize if I sound elitist or anything, but I just find it frustrating to answer the same question multiple times in multiple threads.

I would like to apologize for my previous outburst. It was completely uncalled for and really out of character. I was not trying to imply that the OP was new to BGG, but was referring to newcomers as people new to this game's forums. And yes, I know I don't have to answer the questions, but as someone who has followed every thread on this page from the day it was created, I feel a sense of obligation. My sincerest apologies.

No prob. I understand and share your enthusiasm for this fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add to the OP's experience. I've also managed to fit everything in the core game box, having used Mayday penny sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Freeber
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm baffled by this.

I've sleeved everything in Ultra-Pro because I like the fit of the sleeve, but I'm nowhere NEAR getting everything in the box. If I pack it tight (meaning I can't even see tabs easily without bending them)I still have 3 or 4 Hero sets sitting out.

I'm using Ultra-Pro #82689 and #82667 sleeves. (Same sleeve, just single vs twin packs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Das DoppelGanger wrote:
I'm baffled by this.

I've sleeved everything in Ultra-Pro because I like the fit of the sleeve, but I'm nowhere NEAR getting everything in the box. If I pack it tight (meaning I can't even see tabs easily without bending them)I still have 3 or 4 Hero sets sitting out.

I'm using Ultra-Pro #82689 and #82667 sleeves. (Same sleeve, just single vs twin packs)

Do you use the two slots in the middle? I have room for everything with some to spare for Spider-friends (Won't be buying FF)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Freeber
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, including the slots in the middle. I almost wonder if UpperDeck changed the insert along the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have a photo, but all my cards are sleeved and fit without needing the random slots in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Mississauga
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Das DoppelGanger wrote:
I'm baffled by this.

I just sleeved mine in all ultra pros, the colored back ones and they all fit into the box. They include the expansion but not all the cards are fully organized together .

I have no room to spare though so most the new expansions cards will have to go into the dark city box in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Das DoppelGanger wrote:
I'm baffled by this.

I think you're not using the same sleeves. I sleeved mine using Ultra Pro "Pro-Fit" #82712 sleeves - http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=1031

As someone previously mentioned, these are designed as "inner sleeves" for the Ultra Pro Deck Protectors (#82689 & 82667). The "Pro-Fit" #82712s I used are very thin and very snug to the cards, almost to the point of causing the cards to curve but not quite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.