Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mo Carlson
United States
Unspecified
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I recently posted asking about advice on running a game for my first time. As mentioned there, it will be with my girlfriend and her daughter (two very causal gamers). Thanks for all the feedback left on that previous post.

So tonight, as I am going through and setting up the game, triple checking card seeding, re-reading the rules to be sure I understand the game flow... I have suddenly realized, I am not completely sure how I bring the monsters into play. Yikes!

We will be using the Fall of House Lynch scenario. I see I'll have one keeper action card that can call forth one type of monster; is that the only way the keeper has of placing monster to attack investigators? Do event cards reveal some? Am I missing something in the rules or is the FoHL scenario just really tame?

Any insight would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll just happen.

event cards

I don't think any scenarios start with monsters on the board.

Have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Carlson
United States
Unspecified
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, great... thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lindgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is a bit funny when playing a scenario for the first time as a keeper and you get the objective "do X with monster X", and you have no idea when and how the specified monster will come into play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
pedl wrote:
It is a bit funny when playing a scenario for the first time as a keeper and you get the objective "do X with monster X", and you have no idea when and how the specified monster will come into play

As far as I know, the only base-game scenario where this is an issue is Classroom Curses, since most of the time the summoning condition for the monster in question is written on the Objective card itself. But for Classroom Curses 1B and Return of the Reanimator 1A, you end up with really weird situations where
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the investigators can reveal the objective, both your objective and their objective depend on a specific monster, and nobody has any idea when/how the monster will actually show up (turns out to be Event 4), so both sides are just sort of sitting there waiting for the game to give them permission to continue playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the Fall of House Lynch objective where

Spoiler (click to reveal)
the investigator objective is to kill a monster that's spawned by Clue 1. So if the objective's revealed by Event 4, there can be confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.