Popular Tags: [View All]
Jade Yoo
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
COMPANY OWNER
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is shy to label this post as 'a review'. I just want to simply leave my first impression of this game.

I played it in 'Good Game Show', the convention held in Korea last month. Of course it was a prototype but almost close to final version I guess.

Like designer's mention, it can be placed in between [Through the Ages] and [7 Wonders]. However I can definitely say that it is not an idle imitation with spotless trials.

Regular income of resources is reminiscence of [Through the Ages] or [Sid's Civil (FFG)]. And for interactions are occur between 2 players who sit side by side is of [7 Wonders].

But laying the territory tiles and its effects are quite fresh. Situations of interactions are going either way, fight or trading. During the game, my inconvenience of the game is not from the rules or fun, but from the interface or artwork. In other words, this game has a real potential to be developed until its release.

Good luck to both of designers and company!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's...a scary crossover.

I love 7 Wonders and enjoy it whenever I get to play it.

I hated trying to play Through the Ages and found it an abysmal game for my tastes. (It's the only game I've bought or played I didn't like and hence the only game in my pre-owned!).

Wonder what that means for this game Oo. I certainly like the premise, looking forward to hearing more about it =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Hillenius
Netherlands
Hoogland (Amersfoort)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for sharing as there is very little known right now. I will put it on my list of games to try, might be something for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I love both 7 Wonders (with the kids) and Through the Ages (with my wife/friends), but how those two can be combined is a mystery to me. Thanks for the review, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Yoo
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
COMPANY OWNER
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M.J.E

I may tell in detail like this.

Generally, this game is in the mood of Through the Ages. However, some elements we could see in 7 Wonders added to that mood.

Yes, it is quite hard game. Cannot be recommended when playing with little friends. In my verdict, Patchistory is quite closer to TTA than 7W.

Hope this will be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Yoo
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
COMPANY OWNER
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely heavy game I thought.

But in the perspective of gaming, Through the Ages is 'Card Game'. In case of Patchistory, it is using various types of gaming - laying the tiles, interacting with other players, voting... etc.

These things will help you to play this game a little bit lighter.

Smoothsmith wrote:
That's...a scary crossover.

I love 7 Wonders and enjoy it whenever I get to play it.

I hated trying to play Through the Ages and found it an abysmal game for my tastes. (It's the only game I've bought or played I didn't like and hence the only game in my pre-owned!).

Wonder what that means for this game Oo. I certainly like the premise, looking forward to hearing more about it =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls