Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint DeSena
United States
Plainville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group has only played Aladdin's Dragons five or so times, but a couple of the bidding tokens are starting to peel. Just a bit, but enough for us to know where certain bids have been placed. I was thinking of laminating them, and was wondering if any gamers have done the same and encountered any good/bad results. Thanks for any help and information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you try a spray varnish?

I tried hot laminating some cards and most of them ended up with marks because the lamination pouch didn't stick uniformly (the cards were thick)... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmers glue applied with a toothpick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Conrad
England
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually resort to one of these two options: (a) Sticky-backed plastic over the cards/tokens; (b) Scan the tokens and make new ones.

I don't know the game, but I looked at the Geek photos. If you mean the circular tokens, making new ones might be a bit fiddly.

By the way, what do you think of the game? You haven't received it, but since you are playing it to destruction, I guess your group likes it (?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint DeSena
United States
Plainville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the input! Yes, my group does enjoy Aladdin's Dragons. It's a nice strategic bidding game that's very easy to grasp, but with just enough tactics to satisfy me. (I typically reach for Power Grid on Friday nights...no, not like that!)

I'll probably just try a bit of glue. I got a hold of the clear super-duper "can solidify your butt to the chair" glue and, if I'm careful, only the tokens will need surgery. Thanks again!

Clint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.