Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game and learned the rules. We gave it a first try yesterday and both liked it.

My LCG experience is quite limited: I played LotR solo and bought some expansion packs. They provide more cards and, most importantly, new quests.

Now, what does a A:N expansion pack include? Certainly not quests... Does each pack contain new factions, both corp and runners? Just new cards to tweak existing factions? Something else? I couldn't figure out from FFG site...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Data pack in general has:

2 cards for each of the corp/runners (14 out of the 20)
1 neutral for corp and runners to share (2 out of 20)
the extra cards in the 20 are usually mixed and matched between the featured corp/runner that the particular set is based on.

Some data packs do have new IDs for the featured faction, though it isn't certain that the practice will carry on to the second cycle, instead new faction IDs being kept for big box expansions instead.

Types of cards that can be expected, but change pack to pack. Basically all the card types in the Core Set can be expected to have new varieties of cards released in the expansions:

New ICE
New ICE breakers
New programs
New Hardware
New Consoles
New Traps
New agenda
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see for yourself:
www.cardgamedb.com/

The entire genesis cycle of data packs really fleshed out the game and certain aspects of it that needed expanding. Trace, tagging, link all got way more support and make more sense to care about (with alot of the very attractive resources they included that you'll want to protect as the runner). Every faction received a new ID during the cycle so 2 total for each faction. Every corp faction received new agendas to use in you deck building strategies. These elements alone really change the way the game can be played so it added alot of eplay value to the core game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a GeekList I maintain which lists all of the cards, card types, and factions for each individual data pack if you want to glance over it. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glory. Glory is in every expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides the 60 cards (20 titles, x3 of each), of which there are readily available lists maintained by CrimsonWraith (and linked above - thanks CW!), there are also:

1 Cellophane wrapper to protect the cards
2 small card-sized pieces of corrugated cardboard to protect the cards
1 folded 8.5x11 piece of paper, which either has a short story about the Runner (if the pack features a new Runner ID) or an excerpt from one of their books (if the pack features a new Corp ID), with an advertisement on the back for another FFG product (which may or may not be A:NR related) which acts as your 'proof of purchase'.

The stories/excerpts aren't great literature, but they give a sense of the world and are the only unspoiled thing in the entire pack by the time I buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Besides the 60 cards (20 titles, x3 of each), of which there are readily available lists maintained by CrimsonWraith (and linked above - thanks CW!), there are also:

1 folded 8.5x11 piece of paper, which either has a short story about the Runner (if the pack features a new Runner ID) or an excerpt from one of their books (if the pack features a new Corp ID), with an advertisement on the back for another FFG product (which may or may not be A:NR related) which acts as your 'proof of purchase'.

The stories/excerpts aren't great literature, but they give a sense of the world and are the only unspoiled thing in the entire pack by the time I buy it.

Additionally:
1 box to keep all the rest of the contents together until you open it
2 circular transparent stickers to keep the tabs on the sides of the box in their slots
(optional) 1 white sticker to inform the purchaser of the purchase price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Additionally:
2 circular transparent stickers to keep the tabs on the sides of the box in their slots

Or if you buy from Team Covenant, one of their logo stickers is included in the package as well! I also got some clean air that was in the box too which was refreshing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

I thought the proof of purchase was on the bottom of the data pack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
Additionally:

Those are outside the box. I interpreted the question as what was 'inside' the box.

Now the sad part. I keep everything (including those clear round stickers) except the cellophane (trashed) and corrugated cardboard (I have other uses for it) in my card binder.

Quote:
I thought the proof of purchase was on the bottom of the data pack...

Go look at your little stories, lower right corner if memory serves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think you forgot my favorite part: New Data Pack Smell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chill84 wrote:
I think you forgot my favorite part: New Data Pack Smell

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Zetterman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.netrunnercards.info has nice browsable lists by data pack as well. Just select a pack from the menu to the right and then select "View as full cards" to do a search.

For example, the first data pack looks like this:
http://netrunnercards.info/find/?q=e%3Awla&sort=set&view=car...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

Now the sad part. I keep everything (including those clear round stickers) except the cellophane (trashed) and corrugated cardboard (I have other uses for it) in my card binder.

I cut off the art on the front of the box for card dividers.

Quote:
Go look at your little stories, lower right corner if memory serves.

Oh, yah. That's what else comes in a pack: each pack with a new runner ID has a short story about that runner, which is quite good. The packs with new corp IDs have an excerpt from one of the Android novels, instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.