Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello gents,

Are you having problems with the Mayday sleeves and their sizes?!

I'm really tired of having to sort through the whole pack of sleeves to find those that match-fit the cards!

I've noticed it when I bought some packs of Chimera sized sleeves for my Middle-Earth Quest and started sleeving my cards and I noticed that 1-in-3 of those sleeves were so tightly cutted that the sleeved card would bend. So I had to throw those away and try sleeve after sleeve to have my cards well sleeved without the undersized sleeves to bent my cards.

Right now, after buying some more packs of Chimera sized sleeves, this happens again.

Really?!
Does Mayday work that bad that don't make any kind of quality control over their production line?!

If I would have to buy 3 packs of sleeves to only have 2 of them to work I guess I have to consider other options!
Even regarding price I guess that FFG sleeves would be a better choice than Mayday ones right now...

Can you guys tell me how can I solve this?!

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stop buying from them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This forum is really meant for complaints about BGG - this thread should be moved to Discussing Retailers or Mayday Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Janus
Poland
Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I had no problems with Mayday sleeves, but I heard about the problems with the quality from other users.

Maybe THE BIG LETTER OF COMPLAINTS from BGG users to Mayday Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Complaints to Discussing Retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
oDESGOSTO wrote:

Really?!
Does Mayday work that bad that don't make any kind of quality control over their production line?!

There are numerous threads about this problem. It's common. MayDay sleeves are inexpensive because they don't have that many quality control checks. You can get lucky and buy thousands of sleeves with no issues; then, someone on the assembly line sneezes and you get 3 sleeves that are the right size out of several packs.

Seth (the owner of MayDay) usually makes it right, but I've also received replacement sleeves that don't fit. It becomes the question of whether the savings of the MayDay sleeves are worth the hassle/roll of the dice of having to replace them.

Despite great customer service from Seth, I've switched exclusively to FFG because I've had an issue with maybe 5 of their sleeves out of thousands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Write them. They have always sent me replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rose
United States
Skokie
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
Despite great customer service from Seth, I've switched exclusively to FFG because I've had an issue with maybe 5 of their sleeves out of thousands.

I do not disagree with what you are saying regarding Mayday's quality control issues. However, I do not like the fit of Fantasy Flight's sleeves. They are oversized, making for a very loose fit. Personally speaking, I have opted for the roll of the dice with Mayday instead of having higher quality sleeves that I do not like from Fantasy Flight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
ctrosejr wrote:
MattShinners wrote:

I do not disagree with what you are saying regarding Mayday's quality control issues. However, I do not like the fit of Fantasy Flight's sleeves. They are oversized, making for a very loose fit. Personally speaking, I have opted for the roll of the dice with Mayday instead of having higher quality sleeves that I do not like from Fantasy Flight.

While they are a little oversized, I wouldn't call their fit loose - it's more that you have an extra mm of sleeve at the top that you don't really need. That being said, they're still easy to shuffle, and the cards all sit in almost identical positions within the sleeve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rose
United States
Skokie
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
While they are a little oversized, I wouldn't call their fit loose - it's more that you have an extra mm of sleeve at the top that you don't really need.

You know what? You're right. It's the blasted extra at the top that drives me nuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone with any problems at all please open up a ticket on Maydaygames.com support or email to support@maydaygames.com and Christine will get you taken care of, no problem!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.