Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: AH LCG - The GuardianMicrobadge: Brook City fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The SeekerMicrobadge: Heroes of Terrinoth fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
Hey everyone,

I played this chapter again yesterday and a couple questions came up. Please direct me to a post if these have been answered.

1)In the Alchemist Chamber when you search for scrolls, can each mouse do a special search to obtain a scroll?

2)Can you use the scroll the same turn as successfully searching for it, if it is not an action to use?

3)The Slow Scroll: From memory it says something like "choose an initiative card, that group can't attack or move until the scroll users next turn

Now the question is does that group still have a turn even though they didn't attack or move. Or is there turn actually skipped?

I will give an example to help clarify

Last night Tilda was the first initiative card on the track, followed by the elite rat warriors.

Tilda used the slow scroll on them and then when they went they couldn't attack or move. But did they still have a turn?

It only really matters because they are aggressive, and do they move up the initiative track or no?

If they do move up the initiative track do they actually lose two turns, because Tilda's turn now follows the elite rats, and that is when her scroll loses effectiveness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: HeroQuest playerMicrobadge: Mice and Mystics fanMicrobadge: Plaid Hat Games fanMicrobadge: Stuffed Fables fanMicrobadge: Aftermath
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
Hey everyone,

I played this chapter again yesterday and a couple questions came up. Please direct me to a post if these have been answered.

1)In the Alchemist Chamber when you search for scrolls, can each mouse do a special search to obtain a scroll?

2)Can you use the scroll the same turn as successfully searching for it, if it is not an action to use?

3)The Slow Scroll: From memory it says something like "choose an initiative card, that group can't attack or move until the scroll users next turn

Now the question is does that group still have a turn even though they didn't attack or move. Or is there turn actually skipped?

I will give an example to help clarify

Last night Tilda was the first initiative card on the track, followed by the elite rat warriors.

Tilda used the slow scroll on them and then when they went they couldn't attack or move. But did they still have a turn?

It only really matters because they are aggressive, and do they move up the initiative track or no?

If they do move up the initiative track do they actually lose two turns, because Tilda's turn now follows the elite rats, and that is when her scroll loses effectiveness?
once you find the special search, you can no longer find that special search, so this would get you just one scroll.

When you use the slow scroll on minions, just skip their turn. They are too slow to be aggressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: AH LCG - The GuardianMicrobadge: Brook City fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The SeekerMicrobadge: Heroes of Terrinoth fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
Thanks again for the quick response. Chapter 3 is one tough chapter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Fan of Formula 1 RacingMicrobadge: The Matrix fanMicrobadge: Son Goku fanMicrobadge: da2 Member - Miembro de da2Microbadge: Space Alert fan
So you can only find one scroll? I suppose you can choose which scroll to find, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: HeroQuest playerMicrobadge: Mice and Mystics fanMicrobadge: Plaid Hat Games fanMicrobadge: Stuffed Fables fanMicrobadge: Aftermath
Lochi wrote:
So you can only find one scroll? I suppose you can choose which scroll to find, right?
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls