Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
82 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Combat Commander: Battle Pack #5 – Fall of the West» Forums » General

Subject: It's here... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Emmett
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came in today's mail - delicious.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pic or that didn't happen.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. Minneapolis is closer to CA than VA. Come on, Pony Express -- let's do this!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray HOoray HOOray HOORay HOORAy HOORAY !!

But I'm only a few hours drive from Hanford !

Maybe later on today when the mail arrives.

I think I'll hide out front in the shrubs and ambush the mail delivery person.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Emmett
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
killy9999 wrote:
Pic or that didn't happen.


9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care about your stupid pictures.
What did you think of the AFV rules??

Eh??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mail came early and we have ourselves another winner in MN -- me! Boom.

Initial test-drive: Tonight, The Source Games and Comics, six hours and counting. Yee-ha.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Emmett
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
I don't care about your stupid pictures.
What did you think of the AFV rules??

Eh??


Pretty slick. Each AFV is represented by a group of counters. For example, the Pz III consists of a trench, a leader w/LMG, a team w/HMG and a team w/medium mortar. The Tank Leader can't activate units other than the tank crew. Only weapons may fire - not the inherent FP of the crew. The AFV is eliminated when the crew or the fortification is destroyed. Other rules are included for restricted movement, CC etc.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like that party game where a team of people have to join up and move around the room like a tank...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kampfgruppe Emmett wrote:
weishaupt wrote:
I don't care about your stupid pictures.
What did you think of the AFV rules??

Eh??


Pretty slick. Each AFV is represented by a group of counters. For example, the Pz III consists of a trench, a leader w/LMG, a team w/HMG and a team w/medium mortar. The Tank Leader can't activate units other than the tank crew. Only weapons may fire - not the inherent FP of the crew. The AFV is eliminated when the crew or the fortification is destroyed. Other rules are included for restricted movement, CC etc.

Cool!
Can't wait to see it!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
More seriously it sounds to me that the first commandment of Chadology has been well and truly breached, despite the improvised nature of the tank components and the "experimental" nature of the rules. Bring on the dedicated tank component counters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantuanwar wrote:
More seriously it sounds to me that the first commandment of Chadology has been well and truly breached, despite the improvised nature of the tank components and the "experimental" nature of the rules. Bring on the dedicated tank component counters.


They're in the latest edition of C3i magazine.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alfonzo54 wrote:
I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet.


Fear not, that means little -- I didn't get one either. Even more, GMT's site still lists my account as "not yet shipped."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlbertaClipper wrote:
Mail came early and we have ourselves another winner in MN -- me! Boom.

Initial test-drive: Tonight, The Source Games and Comics, six hours and counting. Yee-ha.



Bastard.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
AlbertaClipper wrote:
Mail came early and we have ourselves another winner in MN -- me! Boom.

Initial test-drive: Tonight, The Source Games and Comics, six hours and counting. Yee-ha.



Bastard.

I concur.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Figures...mine arrives today and I'm hiking to the summit of Mount Timpanogos tonight/tomorrow so I won't even get to look at it until I return tomorrow evening. Ah well, it will be one more thing to look forward to upon my return.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
Mantuanwar wrote:
More seriously it sounds to me that the first commandment of Chadology has been well and truly breached, despite the improvised nature of the tank components and the "experimental" nature of the rules. Bring on the dedicated tank component counters.


They're in the latest edition of C3i magazine.


Be cool if we could buy the counters only. But that's probably not very profitable proposition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alfonzo54 wrote:
I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet.


I just checked "Your account" on the GMT site. It still says "Not yet shipped". And I'm only in Arizona.

Hopefully soon!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kampfgruppe Emmett wrote:
weishaupt wrote:
I don't care about your stupid pictures.
What did you think of the AFV rules??

Eh??


Pretty slick. Each AFV is represented by a group of counters. For example, the Pz III consists of a trench, a leader w/LMG, a team w/HMG and a team w/medium mortar. The Tank Leader can't activate units other than the tank crew. Only weapons may fire - not the inherent FP of the crew. The AFV is eliminated when the crew or the fortification is destroyed. Other rules are included for restricted movement, CC etc.


AFVs are a trench, leader, MGs, Teams, & mortar? Weird. Glad I got the C3i issue with the counters!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So presumably the C3i counter goes on the map and you put the stack of component elements off map.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Mantuanwar wrote:
So presumably the C3i counter goes on the map and you put the stack of component elements off map.

Correct.

You will notice the C3i Counter has no stats and no broken side. All that has to be managed by the chits off-map.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Hayden
United States
Amelia
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine last night, when I came home from my round of golf. That is what I call a good day.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
halobungieman wrote:
I got mine last night, when I came home from my round of golf. That is what I call a good day.

Oh I hate you all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been away from home since Thursday.
This evening late I'm hoping to discover that my copy arrived in Friday or Saturday's delivery.

(Edit, late Sunday) SOOOOO Disappointed !
(Edit, late Monday) SOOOOO Disappointed !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.