Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Wahn
Germany
Detmold
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still a Dreamblade newbie, therefore maybe I dont get the big picture, but had the deathblow to be included in the rules?

After a few games, it seems who ever goes second, has an advantage as he is able to make his minis placement right before scoring. To make it even worse, the first player is also penalized with the deathblow rule.

I'd like to have the opinion of seasoned players if the deathblow rules makes sense / add to the game's balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is why disruption is often a very sensible choice for the first player even if he could destroy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathblow is definitely a good and necessary rule for balance. Without it, the player moving first would always get a chance to destroy the second player's figures with no repercussions. Much too powerful.

There are definitely times in this game when you will want to move second (to respond), and other times when you will be wishing you will get to move first (to pre-empt). Unfortunately, this is mostly down to pure luck, but there are a couple of special abilities that can affect initiative rolls a bit.

As it stands with rules as written (including deathblow), the balance of advantages between moving first and moving second is quite good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wahn
Germany
Detmold
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input. I keep that in mind for the next games. Looking forward for the next game :) !! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can have as many characters in the game as your opponent when spawning, the second player in the second turn can always win the first victory point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.