Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game arrived today.

I can only say : wow! The quality is superb. None of the reported faults were there.

Yes, the machine pre-cutting the stickers was a bit overzealous, but the few extra minutes spent on preparing the blocks will be forgotten soon, the amazing quality components will remain!

Thank you Bowen and Mercury Games for a feast for the eyes and great game all around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
amen! I did sand down and refinish the chit holders, but everything thing else came up perfect. I only have 2 instances of blocks stuck together and they came apart without damaging the paint. I'm really impressed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to agree. My copy, though beat up pretty good by UPS, was a joy to unbox and put together. Three Union blocks were stuck together but succumbed to gentle pressure, and tweezers made short work of the stickers. Had all the blocks done while watching a single episode of Eureka on Netflix.

If there's a takeaway for Mercury, it's that the level of variance in production quality from their vendors is a concern. Nobody wants the quality of their copy to be luck of the draw. Obviously, I'm thrilled that mine, too, is beautiful, but I'd be as annoyed/angered as anyone with some of what folks here have reported.

To end on a positive note, I have gotten it to the table with, of all people, my wife; she's a History teacher and avowed Civil War buff, so certainly easier to ask her to play this than, say, Birds of Prey. It's a great game, and I'm looking forward to playing it again. Kudos Mr. Simmons and Mercury!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twisted Archer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mine was great quality too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Mueller
United States
East Moline
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Everything in my game is perfect. Not even the sticking of blocks. The finish on all the pieces and board is superb. In fact this is most likely the best finish of all my games and I have almost 300 games. I know it's a problem when you have 300 games (at least that is what my wife says) but I have been collecting/playing games for 18 plus years, and I just love the smell of fresh chits in the morning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine too was perfect too. No stuck blocks. Great chits.

Didn't like the feel of the trays, so my middle son sanded them.

Thanks!

Now if I can just the rules down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my blocks were perfect. My trays were a little rough, so I just rubbed them both together using opposite/symmetrical sides for a few minutes until the roughness went away. No need to sand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias "Beyonder" Mastrogiorgos
Greece
Athens
Attika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything perfect here as well.No sticking blocks or anything..
Just the trays issue,but that's o.k. since the overall quality is stunning and it something easy to fix.
Now only thing I have to do is get some miniature civil war flags to replace the objective discs cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
mercy1959 wrote:
Everything perfect here as well.No sticking blocks or anything..
Just the trays issue,but that's o.k. since the overall quality is stunning and it something easy to fix.
Now only thing I have to do is get some miniature civil war flags to replace the objective discs cool

That's a great idea...maybe mount the flags onto the disks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kotsarinis
Greece
Preveza
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel so jealous, my copy hasnt arrived yet and a perfectly fine long weekend has gone to waste...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nagato Fujibayashi

Athens
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything perfectly fine with my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
La Fayette nous voilà !
badge
English is not my first language
mbmbmbmbmb
It just looks great !

MERCI ! ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.