Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently realized that with the exception of CC Battlepack #1, I own everything that's been released for Combat Commander. As such, I figured I'd go ahead and sign up for auto-orders for future items in the series.

Obviously, since Battlepack #6 hasn't been published, I can cancel my individual P500 order for it, as it's now covered by an auto-order.

However, I have kept my P500 order in for the Battlepack #1 reprint, the logic being that as a reprint, it's not subject to the auto-order system.

I'm sure either a helpful BGG-er (if not Gene himself) will pop in and confirm this for me.

Thanks,

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMT Games
United States
Hanford
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pete!

The important thing to know about auto orders is that they start with the NEXT game in that series that goes onto the P500 list. Essentially, the only time the auto order software actually creates a new order for a game is AT THE TIME that the game is added to the P500 list. At that point in time (only), everyone who has a P500 auto order for that series has an order added in the quantity they have listed on their AUTO ORDER section of their account. So if you add your name to the auto order list later, it will NOT add an order for you for games already on the P500 list.

So, for example, if you signed up for auto orders for the COIN series today, it will NOT add auto orders for the existing three games on P500 (ADP, CL, and FL). It will add an auto order the NEXT time we add a COIN series game to the P500 list - for whatever game that is.

I know this might seem a little weird - but it's the way the P500 software works.

So, in your situation, you should keep BOTH the orders for BP 1 and BP 6, as the auto order system won't kick in for you until the NEXT CC product is added to the P500 list.

I hope this is helpful.

Enjoy the games!

Gene

P.S. You are right about the reprint. We don't use auto orders for reprints, as that would cause all kinds of problems with people who already own the initial printing of the game who happen to be signed up for auto orders getting an unwanted second copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then it wasn't as obvious as I thought. laugh

I will reinstate my BP #6 order.

Thanks for the clarification, Gene, and I DEFINITELY enjoy the games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.