Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
We know that he can remove adjacent support orders. What about support orders in the territory where the combat is actually occurring?

Seems like the technical interpretation would have to be only the adjacent territories and not that territory (can something be adjacent to itself? no).

I can of see the intention of the card as an anti-support bomb (Stannis the Mannis) but with such specific text listing, that is hard to ignore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably come down on the side where the support order in the embattled area remains whereas all others adjacent get removed. Even if the Baratheon player decides not to use Stannis' ability, the units in the area under attack are not giving their supporting strength as adjacent areas would be, and I think the card specifically mentions canceling supporting strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markús Ingólfsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stannis Removes support and only in adjacent areas. I have not thought of the area within the battle. I think not but we should try to find an official answer from FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stannis removes adjacent support. Sounds pretty clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbratus wrote:
Stannis removes adjacent support. Sounds pretty clear to me.

But you didn't take into account that Stannis is the Mannis

Yeah when there is a strict textual interpretation that works it is the one to go with without any need for asking FFG. Oh well, this forum needed some more activity anyway cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.