Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Fleming
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
All the same we take our chances, tricked by circumstances.
mbmbmbmbmb
On the night of the Summer Solstice, June 21st 1941, Adolph Hitler makes a solemn proclamation announcing to the troops the opening of the Russian campaign. Operation Barbarossa is launched on a thousand mile front from the Baltic to the Black sea.

This is the introduction for my "The Barbarossa Campaign" session thread. My plan is to post an AAR thread for each year of my campaign titled "The Black March". Work, family and life events usually keep me down to a season or two per gaming session (as I'm sure you can all attest) but I would like to share my experience of this great game with all who care to follow along.
With that said.........here goes!

Summer 1941
Initial Onslaught Strategy:
Capture as many minor cities as possible and hope for capture bonuses. Capture Kiev and Odessa to secure the Ukraine Objective Marker. Surround as many Soviet units as possible to collect initiative points during the encirclement phase. Push Axis initiative to +6 and score a Victory Point.

ORDERS:
Field Marshall von Leeb will command Army Group North with 39th Panzer (stacked on top of 49th Mountain) taking Riga during free advance. 39th Panzer will then blitz north and attempt to capture Talinin. 49th Mountain will attempt to move east during regular combat. The plan is for these two units to swap position during the Autumn redeployment phase. The 49th will then move east through the rough terrain for an assault on Leningrad. 39th Panzer will move east along the 05xx hexrow straight to Moscow.

Field Marshall von Bock leads Army Group Center. 24th Panzer will take Brest-Litovsk during free advance and then blitz north-east to Minsk. Future assaults will be towards Smolensk and finally, Moscow.

Field Marshall von Runstedt commands Army Group South. 14th Panzer will free advance straight east and then blitz headlong to Kiev. 1st Calvary will be supported by Stuka Squadron StG. 9 (Luftwaffe supported blitz) for an assault on 42nd Soviet Infantry in Odessa and continue north to help encircle Soviet units. Future Panzer units that become available will be committed to Army Group South for the drive to Stalingrad.

Regular combat will be devoted to encirclement of Soviet units and defensive positioning.

H-Hour 0300. 21 June 1941

Excerpt from the journal of Karl-Heinz Flogel, 5th (Viking) Wehrmacht Infantry Division(Army Group South):

"H-Hour is fixed at 0300. The artillery opens up and the dull rumble from the depths of the forest rapidly becomes a terrifying, apocalyptic din when the huge railway 600's fire. For us, this is the first moment of war. Suddenly we hear the violent screech of a rocket flare, shooting up with a long who-o-osh into the black night. An enormous green flash and the flare floats down, hanging from it's parachute.
Green........that means ATTACK!!

COMING SOON!......."The Black March" 1941 AAR's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clocherty
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, I look forward to the AAR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.