Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Just got my set, soooo awesome.

While devouring the rules I got confused about one of the examples regarding Op Fire.

It's the one where X leaves Mr Yellows space and Z charges in. It states the neither are safe and shows to hits in the space directly in front of Mr Yellow.

I thought you could only make one shot on one space, as per the example above this one. It's even in bold in the printed rules book.

Or is Mr Yellow using an area weapon to Op Fire and its simply not stated?

Can anyone explain?

Cheers

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks that makes sense. I think it could be clearer that only one of them is going to be hit. Unless MR Yellow was using an area weapon. I think this is a good example it just doesn't go far enough in its explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just going over that yesterday. I'm pretty sure the intent was to group those two scenarios into one example, but it muddied the water a but considering the other examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olin Gardner
msg tools
Quote:
I think there are some other illustrations that might confuse people. The two illustrating Line of Sight show lines that actually do "touch" the dome and the white part of the mesa; I think saying they don't intersect the blocking terrain would have been a better way to match the words with the images.

If you look at the pdf and zoom in enough you will notice that it does not touch the dome or the white of the mesa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
decaramas wrote:

It's the one where X leaves Mr Yellows space and Z charges in. It states the neither are safe and shows to hits in the space directly in front of Mr Yellow.

I thought you could only make one shot on one space, as per the example above this one. It's even in bold in the printed rules book.

Or is Mr Yellow using an area weapon to Op Fire and its simply not stated?

Can anyone explain?

Cheers

Mark

The illustration is to demonstrate that both X and Z are not safe.

It's true that you can only make one shot on one space but with a ranged weapon that has an area effect both could potentially be hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.