Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Monster Factory» Forums » Rules

Subject: two questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once your foe has completed his monster he can't play on yours. But once he has started on his minion, can you play on his minion?

Along with that, if you can't play on a foe's minion, then there's a scenario where the first person has a certain victory. If that person can only put a piece in one place and if that piece will only complete the monster, then he can just keep drawing and discarding until he draws the piece to win.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOHN TODD JENSEN
United States
CLYMAN
WI
flag msg tools
Ask me about it!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick, a tile cannot be discarded unless it cannot be played ANYWHERE, on anybody's monster or minion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So that overrides the rule that you can't play on somebody else's monster once your monster is finished?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
rickert wrote:
Once your foe has completed his monster he can't play on yours. But once he has started on his minion, can you play on his minion?

Yes.

When we are both working on our monsters, we can play on each other's monsters.

When you are working on your monster but I am working on a minion, you can play on my minion but I can't play on your monster.

When we are both working on minions, we can play on each other's minions.

rickert wrote:
Along with that, if you can't play on a foe's minion, then there's a scenario where the first person has a certain victory. If that person can only put a piece in one place and if that piece will only complete the monster, then he can just keep drawing and discarding until he draws the piece to win.

This isn't the case, but there's a similar case. If I am working on a minion and you are still on your monster, I may engineer a situation where I have a hard-to-fill spot, and draw through tiles unable to fill it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
jtj608 wrote:
Rick, a tile cannot be discarded unless it cannot be played ANYWHERE, on anybody's monster or minion.

If you are working on a minion, you can't play on anyone else's main monster, even if that means discarding a tile that would have fit on their monsters but doesn't fit on your minion.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Donald. That clears it up. I see why you really like this one. We have a lot of positive response when teaching it in the Rio room at Origins.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyssa McCain
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
rickert wrote:
Once your foe has completed his monster he can't play on yours. But once he has started on his minion, can you play on his minion?

Yes.

When we are both working on our monsters, we can play on each other's monsters.

When you are working on your monster but I am working on a minion, you can play on my minion but I can't play on your monster.

When we are both working on minions, we can play on each other's minions.

rickert wrote:
Along with that, if you can't play on a foe's minion, then there's a scenario where the first person has a certain victory. If that person can only put a piece in one place and if that piece will only complete the monster, then he can just keep drawing and discarding until he draws the piece to win.

This isn't the case, but there's a similar case. If I am working on a minion and you are still on your monster, I may engineer a situation where I have a hard-to-fill spot, and draw through tiles unable to fill it.


Thank you for the rule clarification! My husband and I just played with our five year old for the first time and we had the same questions. It's a great game! Once the game with our daughter was done (and she won!), my husband and I had to play one against each other to see who was second best after the kiddo (I won!).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.