Fernando Lago
Belgium
brussels
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Some of questions after our first 2-player games:

1.Do cards that get covered by an eclipse card count as positive point when the chain gets evetually cleared?

2.Do cards that get covered by an eclipse card count as negative point as the games ends?

3.a)Can a eclipse card sit on the edge of a chain?
3.b)Or should only be placed between cards with values ?(therefore a minimun of three cards must have already been placed).
Example:
Player A row: 10-15
Can player B (or A) place an eclipse card on top of 10?

If the answer to the above #3.a) is YES then when placing a new card in a row with an eclipse in one of the edges:
4.a)must the new card be placed on top of the eclipse card (replacing it)
4.b)or could it be placed adjacent to the eclipse card?
Example:
Player A row: E-15
one turn after
Player A row: 10-E-15

Sorry if this is evident but it was not clear to me reading the rules (neither in french nor english)

Thanks in advance!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Klein
Germany
Würselen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
www.spielerleben.de
badge
www.spielerleben.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Yutamato wrote:
Hi,

Some of questions after our first 2-player games:

1.Do cards that get covered by an eclipse card count as positive point when the chain gets evetually cleared?

2.Do cards that get covered by an eclipse card count as negative point as the games ends?

Yes and Yes.

Quote:

3.a)Can a eclipse card sit on the edge of a chain?
3.b)Or should only be placed between cards with values ?(therefore a minimun of three cards must have already been placed).
Example:
Player A row: 10-15
Can player B (or A) place an eclipse card on top of 10?

This question came up for us as well, and so I wrote to the publisher. He replied that it's also allowed to play an eclipse on a single card or an a card on the edge. So 3.a is correct.

Quote:

If the answer to the above #3.a) is YES then when placing a new card in a row with an eclipse in one of the edges:
4.a)must the new card be placed on top of the eclipse card (replacing it)
4.b)or could it be placed adjacent to the eclipse card?
Example:
Player A row: E-15
one turn after
Player A row: 10-E-15

Can't give a definitive answer on that one, but we played it like you described in 4b.

Cheers,
Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Lago
Belgium
brussels
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks so much Martin!

I am glad that we weren't the only ones with these doubts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Żabicka
Poland
Wodzisław Śl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's imagine this:
I have a row of cards. In one spot I have three cards stacked: number (at the bottom), eclipse, number (at the top). what happens to the card at the bottom and what happens to the eclipse:
- during clearing away
- after the end of the game?

P.S. Judging from your previous answer, the number card from the bottom counts both to the negative and positive points? But what about the eclipse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Eclipse cards always count as 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bruce
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Veridiana wrote:
Let's imagine this:
I have a row of cards. In one spot I have three cards stacked: number (at the bottom), eclipse, number (at the top). what happens to the card at the bottom and what happens to the eclipse:
- during clearing away
- after the end of the game?

P.S. Judging from your previous answer, the number card from the bottom counts both to the negative and positive points? But what about the eclipse?

The cards that have been "eclipsed" in a pile,
- if cleared away, count towards your points.
- if left on the table at the end of the game, count towards your negative points.

Eclipse cards always count as zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.