Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffery Bass
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
badge
What's this? Why, it's the Hiller Flying Platform! It flew in 1955.
Microbadge: Pacific Victory fanMicrobadge: Magic Realm fanMicrobadge: Private PilotMicrobadge: Astronomy enthusiastMicrobadge: Navajo Wars fan
Out of curiosity, was it just me or did anyone else receiving the game in the mail also receive a copy of "Operations" magazine? At first I thought maybe it was a promotional copy to generate interest in a possible subscription. I looked closer. The copy they provided is issue #43, Summer, 2002, eleven years old. Not exactly long in the tooth but a little overrun by time and subsequent issues. Anyway, a nice piece of reading material; the articles are still good, although the game catalog has titles not around anymore, at least not at those prices.

I will consider the magazine a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
I drink and I know things
badge
Night gathers and now my watch begins
Microbadge: GrognardMicrobadge: Vassal playerMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Wargamer of 50+ yearsMicrobadge: Operational Combat Series fan
MMP said that they have many old copies of Operations magazine in there warehouse. They said they would put one in every order until they were gone. Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
Microbadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Famous WWII units - 29th Infantry Division "Blue and Gray" (US)Microbadge: Famous WWII units - 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles" (US)Microbadge: Famous WWII units - 1st Airborne Division "Red Devils" (UK)Microbadge: University of Maryland
billyboy wrote:
MMP said that they have many old copies of Operations magazine in there warehouse. They said they would put one in every order until they were gone. Cool!
Warning. If it would change the cost of postage, no Operations magazine will be included, so don't feel left out if you don't get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rod humble

san francisco
Earth
msg tools
badge
I feel quite good about what happened
Microbadge: Ludwig WittgensteinMicrobadge: Aston Villa fanMicrobadge: Counter fanMicrobadge: Bolt ActionMicrobadge: Cavalry
I got mine was nice!

Any chance of these being available to purchase as PDF's at some point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls