Popular Tags: BGG_SOTM_PBF [+] [View All]
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
Microbadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: "I hate it when Aztecs force themselves into your hotel room and make you try on belts."Microbadge: "Oh, yeah, feel real good about kicking a fish's butt. That's real nice."Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."
Re: SotM Game 1 - Break of Dawn
I don't see any reason to let Impending Casualty stay around. I'm fairly happy with all the cards in my hand, though I could discard one if no one else has cards they're OK with getting rid of. Does anyone else have a card they don't care about discarding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Orange Lantern Corps fanMicrobadge: Scarlet Spider fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper Session Reporter
If no one really has anything that they want to discard, I could do it by taking one for the team and discarding Fortitude.

I have Bolster Allies that will allow each of us to draw a card if anyone really wants that to be played. Although, my strategy for my current hand is to try and get Danger Sense on the field so I can switch to focusing on supporting completely, but I can delay that a turn and aid the rest of the team with draws instead if preferred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Christian
I don't particularly want to give up a card, but could if everyone needs their cards: I would ditch Elemental Subwave Inducer. Remember that I can allow us all to get something back from the discard if that helps any one part with anything. Bolster Allies will also help us build back up after all these discards.

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
Microbadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: "I hate it when Aztecs force themselves into your hotel room and make you try on belts."Microbadge: "Oh, yeah, feel real good about kicking a fish's butt. That's real nice."Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."
I have Impale and Cold Snap, so I could get rid of Impale without worrying too much. Unless Visionary had a card she really wants to get rid of, I'll discard Impale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Orange Lantern Corps fanMicrobadge: Scarlet Spider fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper Session Reporter
Khedron wrote:
I have Impale and Cold Snap, so I could get rid of Impale without worrying too much. Unless Visionary had a card she really wants to get rid of, I'll discard Impale.
With Impale, is that possible to be placed next to Citizen of Dawn? If so, I would rather save that, and I could just spend my turns using Galvanize to pump up that effect at the start of your turn.

Otherwise, I could always just be the one to discard since I know Visionary needs cards to start a chain.

- Legacy

P.S. - I like the way that Brian leaves a message like this so I could easily remember who is playing whom. (Sorry for stealing the method.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
AzureiX wrote:
With Impale, is that possible to be placed next to Citizen of Dawn? If so, I would rather save that...
I would rather see Impale used on Dawn as well. It won't have an effect while she is flipped but the constant drain on her HP will be helpful when she flips back. With Galvanize, we just need to survive 25 turns and it will do all the work for us!

-Tempest

(steal away, I've played a few PBF games in my time so if it makes life easier, use it!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
ColtsFan76 wrote:
AzureiX wrote:
With Impale, is that possible to be placed next to Citizen of Dawn? If so, I would rather save that...
I would rather see Impale used on Dawn as well. It won't have an effect while she is flipped but the constant drain on her HP will be helpful when she flips back. With Galvanize, we just need to survive 25 turns and it will do all the work for us!

-Tempest

(steal away, I've played a few PBF games in my time so if it makes life easier, use it!)
My point was that I also have Cold Snap, which does 4 damage to everyone, while Impale would do 5 damage to Dawn (Galvanize, Inspiring Presence, and Twist the Ether). So the damage difference isn't too much, but Cold Snap also helps with minion control. I could, of course, put both into play, but that would be two turns where I couldn't play anything else.

Like I said, I'd like to keep both, but we have to discard something. I think Fortitude is worth keeping, though I don't remember what Elemental Subwave Inducer does (does it just change damage type?).

-Absolute Zero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Khedron wrote:
Like I said, I'd like to keep both, but we have to discard something. I think Fortitude is worth keeping, though I don't remember what Elemental Subwave Inducer does (does it just change damage type?).
Ah, got it. I was reacting to the "discard Impale" comment. Yes, keep both. Though we probably don't want a Cold Snap until she at least flips back. Playing Impale gets us set without losing our flip condition. So you would have some time to do other stuff.

ESI changes damage type but more importantly lets me reduce that damage type by 1 until the start of my turn. So I am can lose it if Visionary doesn't have anything worth discarding but we won't know that until tonight.

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Khedron wrote:
Ah, got it. I was reacting to the "discard Impale" comment. Yes, keep both. Though we probably don't want a Cold Snap until she at least flips back. Playing Impale gets us set without losing our flip condition. So you would have some time to do other stuff.
Yeah, I would wait until right before she flipped for Cold Snap, though there's also no reason to play Impale earlier than that (though it obviously wouldn't hurt).

ESI changes damage type but more importantly lets me reduce that damage type by 1 until the start of my turn. So I am can lose it if Visionary doesn't have anything worth discarding but we won't know that until tonight.[/q]

Ah, yeah, that's kind of a big deal (though I suppose it only helps you). I probably won't be able to post again until about midnight EST, so I'll leave the decision of which card to discard up to you. Once Visionary posts, you can decide which of us should discard (unless Visionary wants to).

-Absolute Zero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Escape: The Curse of the Temple fanMicrobadge: I play a Wizard!Microbadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bedMicrobadge: ThinkerMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
The Visionary uses her Prophetic Vision in an unorthodox way, foreseeing the path of Omnitron's rogue robot and disabling it before it can wreak any more destuction.

I discard Prophetic Vision to destroy Impending Casualty.

Legacy, do you like your hand now? Anybody else want me to Enlighten them? I plan to use it on myself (strategy, not direction to the Game Custodian) unless somebody speaks up.

Also, when it comes time to choose highest HP heroes to suffer damage, I'd prefer Tempest to take the bigger hit. The Visionary has a few effects that require her to damage herself and I'd prefer to have as much HP to burn as possible. (Of course, leaving myself with the highest HP can cause problems next turn.)

Going out for the evening, won't get back until midnight Eastern or so. I've stated my preferences for villain turn damage, but I won't grumble if you do otherwise (assuming you don't make really stupid decisions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
We have our discard. I'll take the hit to damage this round.

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I am completely fine with my hand as of right now.
The ability to draw earlier was very helpful.
You have my thanks for that!

- Legacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Ubuntu userMicrobadge: Catholic
Reposting and continuing the environment turn.

From gallery of ColtsFan76

Start!

Legacy discards Heroic Interception
Absolute Zero discards Modular Realignment
Tempest discards Shielding Winds
The Visionary discards Brain Burn

Hostage Situation is destroyed

Play!

Impending Casualty is drawn

End!

The Visionary discards Prophetic Vision

Impending Casualty is destroyed

Start!

5/5 Citizens in the trash

Citizen Dawn flips (good luck guys!)

1/3 Citizens in play

Play!

Citizen Dawn plays Citizen Dare

End!

Citizen Dawn plays Channel the Eclipse
Citizen Dawn deals no damage to herself

Status at the end of the villain turn:

Citizen Dawn
Merged with the Power of the Sun
Villain, Citizen
HP: 74/80 HIGHEST VILLAIN TARGET, HIGHEST HP ON TABLE

In Play: 02
Deck: 18
Discard: 05

Citizen Dawn - In Play:
Citizen Dare Citizen HP: 3/3 LOWEST VILLAIN TARGET
* Channel The Eclipse ** Ongoing

Megalopolis

Deck: 13
In Play: 00
Discard: 02

Legacy
HP: 18/32 LOWEST HERO TARGET

Deck: 32
In Hand: 04
In Play: 01
Discard: 03

Legacy - In Play:
* Inspiring Presence Ongoing, Limited

Absolute Zero
HP: 19/29

Absolute Zero - In Play:
Isothermic Transducer Equipment, Limited, Module
Twist the Ether Ongoing (from The Visionary)

Tempest
HP: 21/26 HIGHEST HERO TARGET

Deck: 34
In Hand: 03

The Visionary

Discard: 04

The Visionary - In Play:
Twist the Ether Ongoing (next to Absolute Zero)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Now that we're able to play Hero cards yet again, is everyone's hand looking all right, or shall I Bolster Allies to allow us to draw another card?
In doing so, I would follow it up with Galvanize again.

Otherwise, I'll just build up defenses for us to prepare for when she flips back.
I have Fortitude and Danger Sense . I'm thinking about playing Danger Sense to prepare for the worst with Megalopolis. We still haven't seen Rooftop Combat or Cramped Quarters Combat pulled up yet.

Or... I could just completely skip this turn by drawing two cards to hopefully draw The Legacy Ring sooner.

Let me know what you guys think I should do to better support our team.

- Legacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
AzureiX wrote:
Or... I could just completely skip this turn by drawing two cards to hopefully draw The Legacy Ring sooner.

Let me know what you guys think I should do to better support our team.

- Legacy
I don't know that we want Galvanize in effect. We want to weaken the Citizens without destroying them. So maybe skip a turn and draw 2?

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools

Never fear, team! Citizen Dawn has merged with the sun, but that doesn't mean that she is invincible! She has retreated because she knew that we were about to pummel her immensely. We'll use this time to regroup and change tactics!

Start: Galvanize ends.

Play: Fortitude

Power: Nothing.

End: Draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Ubuntu userMicrobadge: Catholic
Status at the end of Legacy's turn:

Citizen Dawn
Villain, Citizen

Citizen Dawn - In Play:

Megalopolis

Legacy

Deck: 31

Legacy - In Play:
Fortitude Ongoing, Limited

Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero - In Play:

Tempest

The Visionary

The Visionary - In Play:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I really don't like three villain cards a turn, but there's nothing I can do about it.

START: Nothing

PLAY: I play Impale on Citizen Dawn.

POWER: Nothing

DRAW: I draw 1 card.

END: Nothing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Status at the end of Absolute Zero's turn:

Citizen Dawn
Villain, Citizen

Citizen Dawn - In Play:
* Impale Ongoing (from Absolute Zero)

Megalopolis

Legacy

Legacy - In Play:
Fortitude Ongoing, Limited

Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero - In Play:
* Impale Ongoing (next to Citizen Dawn)

Tempest

The Visionary

The Visionary - In Play:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge

We want to play with Dare, right? I should be knocking him down a couple HP, correct?

START! Nothing

PLAY! Elemental Subwave Inducer

POWER! Nothing

DRAW! 1 card

END! Nothing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm holding to get opinions from two other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
ColtsFan76 wrote:
(CONDITIONAL: if I miscalculated and it would kill Dare, skip my power -OR- if 2 of the other heroes don't want me to harm him, skip my power)
I would vote for leaving Dare alone until right before Dawn flips. That way, you can hit all 3 Citizens. If you use your power now, you won't be able to use your power next turn without killing Dare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Khedron wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
(CONDITIONAL: if I miscalculated and it would kill Dare, skip my power -OR- if 2 of the other heroes don't want me to harm him, skip my power)
I would vote for leaving Dare alone until right before Dawn flips. That way, you can hit all 3 Citizens. If you use your power now, you won't be able to use your power next turn without killing Dare.
My rational is that with 3 cards flipping, it is very likely we get to 3 Citizens. Dare may even implode if Truth comes out anyway. If we get 2 more, I wouldn't use my power at that time. If a 4th comes out, we can finish off Dare with a broad blast. If anyone super powerful comes out, AZ can target them specifically.

But I also see waiting one more turn before hitting at all. So why I asked.

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
As a reminder, Dawn herself is a citizen. You only need two more for the flip back (one of which is Dare right now). In fact, assuming that Dare survives, if she draws a non-Truth citizen due to Channel the Eclipse, she'll flip back immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
AATLEMIDRM wrote:
As a reminder, Dawn herself is a citizen. You only need two more for the flip back (one of which is Dare right now). In fact, assuming that Dare survives, if she draws a non-Truth citizen due to Channel the Eclipse, she'll flip back immediately.
Channel the Eclipse doesn't go off until after her flip condition is checked, so she can't flip this turn. But yeah, there's a very good chance she'll flip next turn.

-Absolute Zero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] |