United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Offline from The Geek for a whileMicrobadge: Christian
Re: SotM Game 1 - Break of Dawn
AATLEMIDRM wrote:
As a reminder, Dawn herself is a citizen. You only need two more for the flip back (one of which is Dare right now). In fact, assuming that Dare survives, if she draws a non-Truth citizen due to Channel the Eclipse, she'll flip back immediately.
Forgot about that but this will be a timing issue, right? Dawn is in play first so checks for 3 Citizens first. There are only 2 (Dawn and Dare). Then Channel the Eclipse will draw a card, potentially getting us our 3rd Citizen. You wouldn't go back and Check Dawn again. "Start of turn" is still ongoing but the card was already resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Khedron wrote:
AATLEMIDRM wrote:
As a reminder, Dawn herself is a citizen. You only need two more for the flip back (one of which is Dare right now). In fact, assuming that Dare survives, if she draws a non-Truth citizen due to Channel the Eclipse, she'll flip back immediately.
Channel the Eclipse doesn't go off until after her flip condition is checked, so she can't flip this turn. But yeah, there's a very good chance she'll flip next turn.

-Absolute Zero
ninja - curse the workplace that calls me away mid-post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Ubuntu userMicrobadge: Catholic
Huh. I've been playing that wrong. I've been treating it, in my mind, as a conditional event rather than a card play. I stand corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Orange Lantern Corps fanMicrobadge: Scarlet Spider fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper Session Reporter
ColtsFan76 wrote:
AATLEMIDRM wrote:
Forgot about that but this will be a timing issue, right? Dawn is in play first so checks for 3 Citizens first. There are only 2 (Dawn and Dare). Then Channel the Eclipse will draw a card, potentially getting us our 3rd Citizen. You wouldn't go back and Check Dawn again. "Start of turn" is still ongoing but the card was already resolved.
Brian's right. You would check everything at the start of the Villain turn. Since there wouldn't be enough citizens on the field, she'd continue on with the rest of her turn.

So she wouldn't be flipping this upcoming turn.

As for the damage, I would suggest holding off until we have a few more citizens on the field. I really need to get Motivational Charge though. This would be the best time to just target Dawn since she's immune to damage anyways. I just need to get all of us to recover some health.

I'm really hoping that Tempest will draw Cleansing Downpour. I could use a little boost in the health department.

- Legacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
OK, cancel my Power for this turn. All else stays the same. I will edit my entry to reflect the final play. Sorry for the delay.

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Ubuntu userMicrobadge: Catholic
Status at the end of Tempest's turn:

Citizen Dawn
Merged with the Power of the Sun
Villain, Citizen
HP: 74/80 HIGHEST VILLAIN TARGET, HIGHEST HP ON TABLE

In Play: 02
Deck: 18
Discard: 05

Citizen Dawn - In Play:
Citizen Dare Citizen HP: 3/3 LOWEST VILLAIN TARGET
* Channel The Eclipse ** Ongoing
* Impale Ongoing (from Absolute Zero)

Megalopolis

Deck: 13
In Play: 00
Discard: 02

Legacy
HP: 18/32 LOWEST HERO TARGET

Deck: 31
In Hand: 04
Discard: 03

Legacy - In Play:
* Inspiring Presence Ongoing, Limited
Fortitude Ongoing, Limited

Absolute Zero
HP: 19/29

Absolute Zero - In Play:
Isothermic Transducer Equipment, Limited, Module
Twist the Ether Ongoing (from The Visionary)
* Impale Ongoing (next to Citizen Dawn)

Tempest
HP: 21/26 HIGHEST HERO TARGET

Deck: 33
In Hand: 03
In Play: 01

Tempest - In Play:
* Elemental Subwave Inducer Equipment,Limited

The Visionary

Deck: 32
Discard: 04

The Visionary - In Play:
Twist the Ether Ongoing (next to Absolute Zero)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
AzureiX wrote:
I'm really hoping that Tempest will draw Cleansing Downpour. I could use a little boost in the health department.
Me too but it seems I am destined to relive the past. Reclaiming even deeper, it seems is in my foreseeable future for some time.

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Escape: The Curse of the Temple fanMicrobadge: I play a Wizard!Microbadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bedMicrobadge: ThinkerMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
From gallery of ColtsFan76

Start: nothing

Play: Precognition
Effect: Look at the top 3 cards of the villain deck; put 1 on the top and 2 on the bottom.

Power: Enlighten
Target: The Visionary (myself)
Effect: I draw two cards and discard one.

Draw: 1 card

End: nothing

I'll post strategy after I see the cards from both Precognition and my Enlighten and Draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Escape: The Curse of the Temple fanMicrobadge: I play a Wizard!Microbadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bedMicrobadge: ThinkerMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
OK, Precognition showed me (The Visionary) a definite bottom-of-deck candidate and two others: Citizen Autumn (6 HP | end of villain turn: destroy all ongoings controlled by the hero with the lowest HP) and Return with the Dawn (ongoing | end of villain turn: shuffle the villain trash and reveal until you find a Citizen, then put that card into play and the rest back). Autumn's Lowest HP would destroy Legacy's ongoings (unless someone else, best case Tempest, drops to lowest HP), and I really like Inspiring Presence's +1 damage. Return with the Dawn would pull one of these five on this turn:

• Assault: 4 HP | end of villain turn: deals each hero 1 melee (2 melee with Battery, also in the trash)
• Battery: 7 HP | end of villain turn: deals highest HP hero 3 energy (5 energy with Assault, also in the trash)
• Hammer: 3 HP | end of villain turn: deals each hero 3 fire
• Spring: 6 HP | end of villain turn: heals each Citizen 1 HP
• Tears: 5 HP | end of villain turn: each player discards 1 card (discards 2 cards with Sweat, deals melee damage to each hero equal to the number of cards they discarded with Blood, both in deck)

That gives us two cards of five that guarantee damage to all heroes (one of which might increase if we revive its companion, but on a later turn), one of five that damages a single target (and again, we know its companion won't come out of the deck), one of five that forces discards (and whose companions might enter from the villain deck), and one that heals so I would love to see her in play.

So: do we consider destroying the lowest HP hero's ongoings for two turns (this turn Dawn plays the Citizen, next turn Dawn flips but the Citizen would still activate before we kill it) better or worse than putting out an Ongoing that revives Citizens from the trash each turn? Consider the effects of each dead Citizen. Also, does anybody have a card in hand that destroys Ongoings? I keep going back and forth, but if I know someone can destroy Return of the Dawn, I'll put that on top of the deck. I can help kill off Citizens after Dawn flips, if that matters.

Thunderstorms coming through. Hoping I don't lose power or Internet (my ISP often drops connection during storms). Game Custodian: If I don't reply by midnight Eastern, assume I dropped and put Citizen Autumn on top of the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
I discard Mind Spike from my Enlighten. If I play other damage cards and we lose by one damage, I will accept your scorn.

The Visionary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Orange Lantern Corps fanMicrobadge: Scarlet Spider fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper Session Reporter
From what I've seen, I would rather deal with an Ongoing than lose all of mine.
Being Legacy, he has no ability to allow him to destroy Environment cards or Ongoings. I'll have to leave that to you guys.

I wouldn't mind dealing with the Citizens again. That's not the problem seeing as how Tempest and Absolute Zero could wipe the board with some of their Ongoings that would be beefed up by Inspiring Presence. If I had another one, I would have just suggested playing the Citizen, but I don't have another one of those in my hand as of right now.

Right now, I'm just hoping... hoping that if we do end up shuffling the deck, we don't draw Devastating Aurora... That would make all of this strategy moot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
Microbadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: "I hate it when Aztecs force themselves into your hotel room and make you try on belts."Microbadge: "Oh, yeah, feel real good about kicking a fish's butt. That's real nice."Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."
With Legacy as the lowest, I'm leaning towards putting Return with the Dawn on top. The worst Citizen in the trash is Citizen Hammer, and it'd be nice not to loose Inspiring Presence.

Edit: And hopefully I draw a Fueled Freeze soon. (Or even better, Tempest gets a Ball Lightning).

-Absolute Zero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
OK, to resolve Precognition, I put Return with the Dawn on top of the villain deck and Citizen Autumn and the other on the bottom. (I really did change my mind about three times there.)

More strategy incoming. I have notes made, just need to write it up.

The Visionary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Do you have a preference for order on the bottom of the deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
Microbadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: "I hate it when Aztecs force themselves into your hotel room and make you try on belts."Microbadge: "Oh, yeah, feel real good about kicking a fish's butt. That's real nice."Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."
MacMog wrote:
OK, to resolve Precognition, I put Return with the Dawn on top of the villain deck and Citizen Autumn and the other on the bottom. (I really did change my mind about three times there.)

More strategy incoming. I have notes made, just need to write it up.

The Visionary
Yeah, those are both pretty bad cards, it was a tough choice. What was the third card? Devastating Aurora?

-Absolute Zero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools

Start!

Nothing happens.

Play!

Megalopolis plays Impending Casualty

End!

Paused again. You, collectively, can let it ride or discard a card.

Status at the beginning of the end of the environment:

Citizen Dawn
Villain, Citizen

Deck: 18

Citizen Dawn - In Play:
* Impale Ongoing (from Absolute Zero)

Megalopolis

Deck: 12
Discard: 02

Megalopolis - In Play:
Impending Casualty

Legacy

Legacy - In Play:
* Inspiring Presence Ongoing, Limited
Fortitude Ongoing, Limited

Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero - In Play:
Isothermic Transducer Equipment, Limited, Module
Twist the Ether Ongoing (from The Visionary)
* Impale Ongoing (next to Citizen Dawn)

Tempest

Tempest - In Play:
* Elemental Subwave Inducer Equipment,Limited

The Visionary

Deck: 29
Discard: 06

The Visionary - In Play:
Twist the Ether Ongoing (next to Absolute Zero)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I agree with Return with the Dawn on top though I am late to the party. It will actually guarantee us the 3 Citizens we need so she can flip next turn. Assault and Battery won't both be out at the same time. Still a possibility we pair up the others.

Not knowing the third card, I'd put Autumn on the bottom-bottom.

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
AATLEMIDRM wrote:

If someone can handle the discard (in particular Visionary since she goes after me), I can play Reclaim from the Deep this turn and get it back.

I'd rather not do the discard though.

-Tempest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
To fully resolve Precognition, put Citizen Autumn on the very bottom. (I didn't miss any other ambiguities, did I?)

The Visionary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Visionary transmits more information than you desire over the team’s psionic link.

Dawn: Does anybody have a card that can destroy ongoings? Channel the Eclipse needs to go. Bonus points if you can destroy two, or play a power that lets you destroy one ongoing a turn. Once Dawn flips, hero ongoings that deal damage to all villains/non-heroes sound good to me. If we can keep them in play for two activations, we should come out ahead on damage per play to Dawn, and they’ll also fry her minions for free.

Legacy: You like your hand now, yes? I tend not to want to Enlighten you to fish for The Legacy Ring because you need two powers in play for that to do any good and you only have one currently, meaning you need at least two plays to use it. Danger Sense, too, doesn’t seem like a big help, unless you become the highest HP hero again. You mentioned Bolster Allies; I like that, as more cards never hurts, and I have mostly damage cards in hand = not super useful this turn.

Absolute Zero: Thinking about Enlightening you. Do you have Null-Point Calibration Unit or the module search card? If not, how badly do you want it? I could also go for Sub-Zero Atmosphere to delay Citizen effects, so that we can destroy them before they activate.

Tempest: I hope you have something that destroys ongoing cards. More HP never hurts, but I suspect you have more useful cards than Cleansing Downpour in your hand. If others want cards back, I request Reclaim from the Deep to get Precognition back and help lock down Dawn, and I have little useful otherwise. I started to say I’d use my second copy of Twist the Ether on you, if it ever comes up, but your Elemental Subwave Inducer will let you change type on your “damage any target” effects and zap Absolute Zero. (You did have that in mind, right?)

Visionary: If Absolute Zero doesn’t want Enlighten, I’ll use it on myself. I have mostly damage cards, with just environment manipulation as a non-damage effect. Once Dawn flips, I can clean up stray Citizens, so I’d rather see you guys hit Dawn hard than hit all villains for less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Khedron wrote:
Yeah, those are both pretty bad cards, it was a tough choice. What was the third card? Devastating Aurora?

-Absolute Zero
Healing Light, which just heals Dawn for 10 and other Citizens to max. Yeah, it has a very mild effect, but I really wanted to guarantee a third Citizen on this villain turn so we can flip Dawn back. The possibility of a three villain card turn (which then becomes an additional turn of suck) seemed like too much of a risk.

The Visionary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
AATLEMIDRM wrote:

If someone can handle the discard (in particular Visionary since she goes after me), I can play Reclaim from the Deep this turn and get it back.

I'd rather not do the discard though.

-Tempest
The Visionary slams a Mind Spike into the silicon core of Omnitron's other stray robot, disabling it.

I discard another copy of Mind Spike. I do like your playing Reclaim, but so I can get Precognition back and prevent Dawn from playing something calamitous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
Assuming getting rid of the ongoings is our highest priority, it seems like Enlighten would be best used on anyone other than Legacy.
Absolute Zero has Fueled Freeze, which will get rid of both ongoings.
Tempest has Ball Lightning, which will get rid of both ongoings.
Visionary has Mental Divergence (I think that's the right card), that can destroy 1 ongoing as a power.

I have an Onboard Module Installation that I am planning to use to get Null-Point Calibration Unit. I also have a Thermal Shockwave and Cold Snap, that I would like to get into play. If someone else has fewer planned plays, they might be a better Enlighten target.

-Absolute Zero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeMartino
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools

Start!

Nothing happens.

Play!

End!

Visionary discards Mind Spike
Impending Casualty is destroyed

Start!

2/3 Citizens in Play

Citizen Dawn plays Return with the Dawn (Channel The Eclipse)

Play!

Citizen Dawn plays Devastating Aurora (sorry guys)
Inspiring Presence is destroyed
Twist the Ether is destroyed
Impale is destroyed
Isothermic Transducer is destroyed
Fortitude is destroyed
Elemental Subwave inducer is destroyed

End!

Citizen Dawn plays Luminous Leadership
Citizen Dawn does no damage to herself
Citizen Dawn plays Citizen Tears (Return with the Dawn)

Each player must discard 1 card

Status at the end of the end of the villain turn (pre discards):

Citizen Dawn
Villain, Citizen

In Play: 05
Deck: 15

Citizen Dawn - In Play:
Return with the Dawn ** Ongoing
* Luminous Leadership Ongoing
Citizen Tears Citizen HP: 5/5

Megalopolis

Deck: 12

Legacy

Absolute Zero

Tempest

Discard: 04

The Visionary

Deck: 29
Discard: 08
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc iX
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I freaking knew this would happen!!! I totally called it!!

Haha.

- Legacy

[Edit: Forgot to add my discard]

Discarding Danger Sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [13] |