Timothy Cole
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

Tomorrow is my wife's baby shower and what that means is that I have about 2 hours that I will have free with my best gaming buddy for us to play a game. Since its such a special occaision and we dont get together to play very often I thought I would see what ideas the community could come up with for us to play.

I was thinking Through the Ages because we've only played once and its not something my wife enjoys, but concerned about the time limit.

So what game from my collection that I own would you recommend for two players and a 2 hour time slot?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Are you really not allowed to see your friends normally? Geez man. If she's kicking you out of the house for 2 hours, then play the games until you are done, on your own schedule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the Ages is 2 hours per player. Based on what you own, maybe Battlelore? Nothing really screams out as great for two players. I don't know if Mage Knight can be played in such a short time frame.

Personally I am a fan of Dungeon Command. Pick up two sets and you can play a game in 75 mins or less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at your list I would say Runewars... Plays just as well at 2 players (pretty much the way I play it the majority of the time), isn't too long, and is epic. You also have it on as your "want to play". Yggdrasil would be another good one you own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Cole
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
Are you really not allowed to see your friends normally? Geez man. If she's kicking you out of the house for 2 hours, then play the games until you are done, on your own schedule.
No, no, no.. Lol.

My friend and his wife used to live in town and we would play 2-3 times a week, but since they moved 2 hours north it's been a lot harder to get together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Cole
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking Runewars because I just recently read through the rules and so it's fresh in my mind. Also thought about maybe Mage Knight. Definitely would like that epic feel as the two of us tolerate longer games than when we play with our wives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls