Subject: Flow of xia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Østergaard
Denmark
Herning
flag msg tools
Flow of Xia: Legends of a Drift System gameplay
I am following this game with Great sprit, and i have some ideers.

What if a players turn was split up ? Ex. player 1 takes a movment action then player 2 takes a movment action and so on. Until everybody passes.

Would this give a better/more realistik game flow ?

Would it ruin something in the game ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Xia: Legends of a Drift System : Variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
handballgeek wrote:
Flow of Xia: Legends of a Drift System gameplay
I am following this game with Great sprit, and i have some ideers.

What if a players turn was split up ? Ex. player 1 takes a movment action then player 2 takes a movment action and so on. Until everybody passes.

Would this give a better/more realistik game flow ?

Would it ruin something in the game ?

Sounds interesting, it would definitely have to be something to be tried to see how it works. It would also give you reason to combine attack rolls or engine rolls, to get the most out of your 'turn', though you would then have fewer of them as you go round and round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You'd need to also introduce "Pinning" rules, or no one would ever catch someone in a fight in which they didn't want to participate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No I don't think this is a necessary variant. It seems to me that players doing their entire turn of movement, action and business is just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Østergaard
Denmark
Herning
flag msg tools
i can see all of your points, it is just an ideer and of couse I have not played the game yet, but it seems like missils would come more into play, and "the pirates" would have to buy larger engines to catch other players, therefore not having space for cargo in the ship.

but it could throw balance out of the game.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
handballgeek wrote:
i can see all of your points, it is just an ideer and of couse I have not played the game yet, but it seems like missils would come more into play, and "the pirates" would have to buy larger engines to catch other players, therefore not having space for cargo in the ship.

but it could throw balance out of the game.

arrrh

If it was just 'one action, one action, one action...' then you would have situations like this:

Pirate: Arrh, I'm going to blow you up! *Uses engines to move next to Chump*

Chump: Don't do that! *Uses engines to move away*

Pirate: I'm gonna getcha! *Uses engines to once again move next to Chump.

Chump: No! You'll never get me! *Uses engines to move away yet again*

Repeat forever.

You'd have to be able to combine actions, like Move and Fire, or something, because just one action at a time would make combat impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Østergaard
Denmark
Herning
flag msg tools
@john@ you are absolutely rigth. but with the one movment and one combat action.

would it be possible then ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
handballgeek wrote:
@john@ you are absolutely rigth. but with the one movment and one combat action.

would it be possible then ?

Might be doable then. Then you have to decide if people can combine their actions together in a single turn.

Like, if I want to move, can I only use one marker for movement, or can I use multiple to get a bigger move? Combat of course should allow multiple markers at once.

So your options would basically be:
A: Move. Spend as many markers at once to go that far.
B: Attack. Spend as many markers as you want to attack.
C: Move and attack. Spend as many markers as you want to move, then attack with as many markers as you want afterwards.

Then if you're on a mining/harvesting/salvaging spot, you can do it as much as you want as a part of your move action. You can also buy/sell as part of your move action. You can only do the 'business' phase after everyone else finishes their actions, then everyone does the business phase at the same time.

It could work, but it might be rather confusing. I'm not sure if it would add much, as I don't think anyone here has even played the game yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.