Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One per game, we can claim one gold commodity for each army we bring to Carthage with the Mercenary event.

I brought 5 Armies (and a warship) to Carthage on 1 fleet. Does that gold have to fit back on the fleet that brought the mercanaries, respecting the six card limit? Or is it just claimed from the bank without having to fit on the fleet for the return trip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Innovan.

The Gold would indeed have to fit on your Fleet in order to make the return trip home. In such a circumstance, you should send a second Fleet with a single Commodity to Carthage to help you transport your booty back home.

Thanks!

Andrew

---------------------------------------

Andrew Parks
Parthenon Co-Designer
Siren Bridge Publishing
webmaster@njkingdom.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up question:

Is obtaining the Gold for taking armies to Carthage considered trading? We had two situations arise in a game last night that hinged on the answer to this question.

1. A player was building a wonder (I don't recall which one) that required them to give a gold to a foreign land, and then not be able to trade with that land for the remainder of the season. She went there with an army so that she could get the gold, and then give it back to fulfill the construction requirement (and then performed no trading). Was this legal?

2. I took 3 armies to Carthage to obtain 3 gold. Carthage currently had a "Harbor Fees" card. Was I required to pay the harbor fee if the only thing I did was claim the 3 gold from the Mercenaries event?

Thanks!
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.