Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi there,

we just played the first scene of the act 1 wings quest and several questions occured:

is the game over after 10 rounds. or does it continue after the heroes removed a rock. so it could go 4ever if they remove a rock every round.

movement of bigger monster:
i pciked a giant 2x2 square. according to the rules the monster moves like a 1x1 monster. but what is if the monster uses 2 actions two move?
does he has to "appear" on a 2x2 square part after first moveent action or can i combine both actions to one so that the monster "appears" after two movements.

this was special in this scene as the majority of the tunnel was blocked with stones but the moster moved to the exit to block it.

these are the first and most important 2 question at first.

thx in advance 4 your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wings quest and other rules question
There was long discussion in different topic about Death on the Wing and it's victory condition in this thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/850506/quick-question-about-...

You can read it to get some insight, but there was no conclusion.

You can combine 2 movement actions, so you don't have to interrupt between them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Green
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wings quest and other rules question
Areinu wrote:
You can combine 2 movement actions, so you don't have to interrupt between them.
By not combining the movements, you can 'steal' a square by 'popping' forward at the end of the first move and then picking a forward square to start your second move. If you don't have space (or just don't want to) then combining the move actions is allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
so i have some more questions.

first the SHADOW ability of dragons.
Do it means taht only melee fighter needs to roll a surge to hit. what about range attacks with bows or with weapons with reach so that the attacker is no adjacent anmyore?

what about WHIRLWIND of the beserk against shawdow? does it mean if i roll one surge and hit the first draong i also hit the second?

further does WHIRLDWIND and reach attack work together?
for example if the giant uses his whirldwind. can he hit an here which is 2 spaces away?

can a giant use his WHIRLDWINd twice in one turn? cause it is no attack?

as overlord. can I play a rush and a frenzy on one monster?

thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a lot of the terms mixed up, and that makes your post confusing. That said, I think I get what you're asking for most of these.

The wording on the Shadow ability means that it affects all heroes who are adjacent to the Shadow Dragon, whether they are attacking the Shadow Dragon or not. This means it can affect a Melee or a Ranged attack, if the attacking figure is adjacent. To avoid being affected by Shadow, you would have to either perform a Ranged attack from at least two spaces away, or a Melee attack with Reach from two spaces away.

The Berserker's Whirlwind ability targets all monsters adjacent to the Berserker. If the Berserker performs a Whirlwind while adjacent to a Shadow Dragon, he still must spend a Surge to overcome the Shadow ability. If the Berserker is adjacent to both Shadow Dragons, he need only spend one Surge for Shadow; Shadow does not stack.

Whirlwind specifically mentions adjacent monsters, so even if the Berserker has access to Reach, Whirlwind would not affect monsters two spaces away.

The Giant's ability Sweep (not Whirlwind) cannot be performed twice in one turn (without a Frenzy), because it is a Monster Action that allows an attack. You can tell because the description of the action says "perform an attack..." However, unlike the Berserker's Whirlwind, the Giant's Sweep does affect figures two spaces away from it due to the Giant's Reach. Note that it affect all figures within its range, not just heroes.

As an Overlord, you may play Dash (not Rush) and Frenzy on the same monster, but you may not play both Dashes or both Frenzies on the same monster during the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks you very much. everything right guessed.
my problem is that I am using the german version and don't know the right terms of the englisch version.

i think some cards of the german version are just bad translated.
especially the shadow dragon.

thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
jocom wrote:
my problem is that I am using the german version and don't know the right terms of the englisch version.

thanks for your help.
You can download the English rules on FFGs site (in the "Support" folder for Descent).
I have read that there seem to have a lot of translation problems in the German version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
jocom wrote:

thanks for your help.
You can download the English rules on FFGs site (in the "Support" folder for Descent).
I have read that there seem to have a lot of translation problems in the German version.
Not sure that would really help in this case, because just about all of the things in question are on cards, not in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls