Popular Tags: [View All]
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the CW items are not discounted as well as OLGS, but when you pledge $200, the *eight* GOOs come free. (The Father Dagon and Mother Hydra set comes free with the Cultist Pledge.)

Unix on the Dakka Dakka forums crunched out this comment (edited). Any other thoughts on reaching $200? Thanks!

Quote:
The way I look at is that I can usually get 20-25% off using online retailers, which means that funding for something below that cutoff means that I'm essentially pre-ordering something with no information on how the finished product will look or play.

Using that as a qualifier the only addons that break that line are the map and expansion bundles (25% and 27% respectively). After that are the high priests (20%), the gates (17%) and the dreamlands monsters (17%). The gates might actually be a better deal since there are bonus gates with the Kickstarter (22 up from 16) so if there's only 16 in the actual release it's quite a good deal.

Based on this if you're only looking to just get to $200 the gates, high priests and the soon to be two deamlands monsters packs are the way to go discount wise.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/210/532098.p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if the OLGS discount isn't quite as good, isn't a few percentage points difference worth the peace of mind to wait and see if the game is actually any good before you plop down the money? You could save 100% if you find out from reviews later that you wouldn't like the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got in at an early price level for the base game, so I actually have farther to go to hit $200. I'm going with high priests and gates, but I'm also going for an expansion so I can play with 5p right away.

Oh yeah, I want those dice too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought $240 was the free GOOs. $200 is all I need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian van Loenen
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time 2 Roll wrote:

You need to spend cultist or CDG with a minimum of 200 before shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Simpson
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time 2 Roll wrote:

Yes not including shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ringworm wrote:
Even if the OLGS discount isn't quite as good, isn't a few percentage points difference worth the peace of mind to wait and see if the game is actually any good before you plop down the money? You could save 100% if you find out from reviews later that you wouldn't like the game.

Well, anyone who waits for the game to be released would have to purchase the eight GOOs separately, at $25 MSRP each.

Myself, I'm in it for the miniatures more than the game -- so could also skip CW completely and wait until another company offers a set of Cthulhu miniatures. If Chaosium puts out a set of Cthulhu miniatures *and* some RPG adventures to go along with them... *slimy drool* laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Jackson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in at $202. I selected:

Cultist Early Bird #5 $130
20 Custom Cthulhu Wars Dice $12
High Priest Expansion Pack $12
Yuggoth Map Expansion $48

So, I think I'm just not getting (from the Cultes de Ghouls level):

The Opener of the Way expansion
Asenath Waite starter figure
22 plastic gate miniatures (cool, but seem like extra bulk to me)

I believe I am getting the 9 Great Old Ones that were unlocked (just as if I had selected Cultes de Ghouls).

My reasoning on getting the Yuggoth Map Expansion vs the Opener of the Way is just that it seems Opener of the Way will be easier to get later and I like Mi-Go stuff.

Have I miscalculated somewhere? Am I missing an opportunity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have it right! If by nine GOOs, you're counting Mother Hydra and Father Dagon as two GOOs, you are correct.

I lurked on the boards and kept hitting F5, so I got a Cultist EB. A Father's Day Special was also available last night, but I didn't want the Asenath Waite Tentacle starter figure.

$110 Cultist EB
$48 Opener of the Way
$12 Dice (good price)
$25 Gates (good price)
$20 Dreamlands Underground monsters

$215 total. I play Arkham Horror, so went after mini's I can use in the game. Opener of the Way features Yog-Sothoth, the GOO best associated with Dunwich Horror and Kingsport (?). With Mansions of Madness and some Dreamblade mini's for Nyalathotep Masks, I think I'm set!

$140 Cultists are still available, and the Cultist levels get a free Mother Hydra and Father Dagon GOO set, MSRP $25, plus some non-gaming miniature tradebait. That's $140 for about $200 MSRP, or 30% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.