Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think to consolidate the number of questions that will come out it would be nice to have them all in one thread. Regardless I don't think it will happen, but here's to hoping. So, I do have a question:

Professor X (Telepathic Probe)
Reveal the top card of the Villain Deck. If it's a Bystander, you may rescue it. If it's a Villain, you may fight it this turn.

Now a few things I want to know:
1) Does the Villain you reveal in this way go into the city or does it just sit revealed on top of the deck or to the side?
2) If the Villain doesn't go into the city and it has an Ambush effect, does its Ambush effect go off?

Thus far those are the only heroes I have questions on. If I have more I will post more on this thread and if other would like to do so I would suggest that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reveal is a key word in Legendary.

1) The villian would go face down back on top of the deck if you did not fight him/her

2) You would not trigger any of the effects on the revealed card (unless, I suppose, the other card has "when revealed" key text, but I don't think that exists yet)

Ambush effects, by the way, are the last effect to be applied after a villian enters a city. It even occurs behind the effects of villian escaping the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Villain is only revealed, not played. It therefore sits openly on the deck (and if you do not defeat him is played by the next player), and any Ambush effect is ignored. Fight effects apply, however (because they do not work of the card being played but of the card being fought.)

Edit:
croloris wrote:

1) The villian would go face down back on top of the deck if you did not fight him/her
I disagree that you have to immediately decide if you want to fight the Villain, as Professor X's card says "you may fight it this turn"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Now I have two new questions:

1) Jean Grey: When the bystander deck runs out does any of gain a bystander effects cards still work or are they now exhausted? i.e. If you gain a bystander you may draw a card and you would have gained a bystander, but there are no more bystanders left in the deck and you would have gained a bystander due to a different card if there were any left.

2) Blackhearts Ambush effect: The player to your right reveals a MK Hero or gains a wound. So is it the right of the person whose turn it is and is revealing the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
Thanks! Now I have two new questions:

1) Jean Grey: When the bystander deck runs out does any of gain a bystander effects cards still work or are they now exhausted? i.e. If you gain a bystander you may draw a card and you would have gained a bystander, but there are no more bystanders left in the deck and you would have gained a bystander due to a different card if there were any left.
Since you do not actually gain a Bystander, Jean Grey's effects do not trigger.

MasterGM wrote:
2) Blackhearts Ambush effect: The player to your right reveals a MK Hero or gains a wound. So is it the right of the person whose turn it is and is revealing the card?
Exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All right how about cards that say, "(Special activation) +1 attack or buy for each (specific color) played this turn." Does that mean ALL of that specific color type played this turn or only the ones that are played before you play that card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
All right how about cards that say, "(Special activation) +1 attack or buy for each (specific color) played this turn." Does that mean ALL of that specific color type played this turn or only the ones that are played before you play that card?
It applies to only those ones that you have played this turn. Every single card, regardless of its ability, has its attack or recruit worked out WHEN it is played. You can never make cards you played earlier stronger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
teleport question. Nightcrawlers ultimate version says that when you play or teleport it you may also teleport 3 other teleports from your hand as well.

two questions 1) when does his ability go off? is it when I teleport him from my hand or when I teleport him into play? or both

2) how is this any better or different than teleport ability anyway? if I have 3 teleports cards in my hand cant I put them all out of play and then add them to my hand at the end of turn?

in the instructions it doesn't say that you are limited to how many cards you can teleport so im not really seeing the advantage. any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can basically use it to add the teleport keyword to three other cards of your choice that don't have the teleport keyword already. That means your next hand will have 9 or 10 cards, but you'd be sacrificing the current hand's effectiveness, of course, which depending on your draw may work out better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Ed is correct, I think your mistake is that the card allows you to teleport three additional cards, not teleports - you are right, it would not make much sense to use this ability on a card that already has the teleport keyword. And his ability goes off when you either play him for his attack value, or when you decide to put him to the side as an additional card for your next hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
now that would be useful but it really doesn't clearly say that on the card they should have worded it better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Martin
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh thank you both also it was very helpful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So Jean Grey's card has "Whenever you rescue a bystander you may (Insert effect)" Does that mean everytime or just once at anytime?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
So Jean Grey's card has "Whenever you rescue a bystander you may (Insert effect)" Does that mean everytime or just once at anytime?
It means "Whenever". you can therefore use it multiple times a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Kansas City Chiefs fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Oahu Board Gamers Meetup participant
If you Teleport a card, is it still considered to be in your hand for the purpose of card effects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
If you Teleport a card, is it still considered to be in your hand for the purpose of card effects?
I think not. The Dark City rulesheet says, under Teleport, that you "set aside" the card. You then "add it to your new hand at the end of your turn." While the card is "set aside", it is not in your hand, so it cannot be affected by card effects that require you to discard your hand. I don't think you can "reveal" it to prevent some card effect either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Vallone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
Reveal the top card of the Villain Deck. If it's a Bystander, you may rescue it. If it's a Villain, you may fight it this turn.
How does the above mentioned bystander get into the villain deck? The only exception I can think of is a scheme twist that tells you to mix a certain number of bystanders into the villain deck. Other than that bystanders are in their own deck. Maybe I am missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JVall wrote:
MasterGM wrote:
How does the above mentioned bystander get into the villain deck? The only exception I can think of is a scheme twist that tells you to mix a certain number of bystanders into the villain deck. Other than that bystanders are in their own deck. Maybe I am missing something?
When the Villain Deck is created, Bystanders are added - 1 for solo, 2 for 2 Players, 8 for 3 and 4, and 12 for 5 players. See p. 6 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Vallone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a bunch. Can't believe I missed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls