Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: FIRST!Microbadge: Alpha Wolf - I won the BGG Werewolf IronNiner Challenge 2015Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: I have made a notable contribution to the BGG Werewolf CommunityMicrobadge: I help make BGG Werewolf possible!
Oh, no! The government of the powerful and noble dictator, Vanderscamp, is in danger! Intelligence officers have detected a rebel group, determined to end Vanderscamp's glorious regime.

As imperial spies, it is your duty to infiltrate the rebel alliance, spread confusion, and make sure that they don't succeed in their terroristic missions.
The rebels will have to try and find each other and pass missions, likely with the help of their unknown leader.

Alternatively, taking out this leader, known by his codename "Merlin," will also ensure the downfall of the rebel alliance.

This rebel group is meeting for the first time now, although some of the members, rebels and spies alike, have been given intel regarding the other members of the group.
Good luck!

The rebel team is comprised of four main players:
Merlin - The leader of the rebel group, if he is assassinated at the end of the game, rebels lose. Merlin has intel about who the three spies are, but not which is which.
Percival - Was told prior to the meeting who Merlin is. Unfortunately, he also received fake intel from the spies, telling him that Morgana is Merlin. Knows Merlin and Morgana, but not which is which.
PoR (plain old rebel) - Starts off with no information.
Rebel Lancelot - A double agent, starts off loyal to the alliance, but this might be subject to change. Doesn't know anyone, and isn't known to anyone.

The three spy infiltrators are the following:
Assassin - In charge of the assassination at the end of the game. Otherwise a plain old spy.
Morgana - The fake Merlin, sent in to spread confusion. Appears as Merlin to Percival, along with the real Merlin.
Spy Lancelot - Another double agent. Starts off as a spy, but this is subject to change. Doesn't know anyone, but is known to the spies, and is known as a spy to Merlin.

Features:

Excalibur - As part of each proposal, the leader must assign a person on the team apart from themselves to hold Excalibur. After the mission cards are in, the holder of Excalibur has the option to use it. If it's used, that player looks at the mission card played by someone else on the team, but the opposite card will be used for the mission results.

Lancelots - The lancelot deck includes 3 no change and 2 change cards. After missions 2, 3, and 4, a card is drawn from the deck. Both Lancelots change allegiance with a change card. The cards drawn are made public for everyone.
The Lancelot currently on the side of good can only submit PASS cards, but the currently evil one can submit PASS or FAIL.

Each action will have a time limit of 24 hours from the previous action. (weekends not included.)

Standard PBF rules apply:

1) Official proposals should be in bold and contain the appropriate proposal number (per standard PBF etiquette, the fifth proposal will automatically be sent).
2) All votes will be GMed to me. Please send your vote in the subject line!
3) Please subscribe to the thread and check in at least daily (exceptions for weekends).
4) There should be no game related PMs between any players. Players are free to GM me with any concerns. [NB - I consider participants in this PBF discussing it with other participants outside of this thread to be poor form]
5) Do not edit posts, except within the first minute or two to fix typos. I trust you all to not abuse this. Also, if you post a post of just game facts, votes and proposals, and you make an error, you may edit that. If there is any analysis in the same post, there is no editing after the few minutes are up. For clarity - deleting is an extreme form of editing which is also forbidden.
6) No public dice rolls. You have not been provided with dice.
7) VC's submission changes rule:
You can change a submitted card any number of times (eg PASS/FAIL, ACCEPT/REJECT) but as soon as I receive the card from the last player, no more changes are allowed, even if I'm not there to post the results yet.
If you made changes after all the cards were in, I'll tell you which submitted card was the final one.

Missions are 2/3/3/4*/4

The fourth mission requires two fails to give a point to the spies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: FIRST!Microbadge: Alpha Wolf - I won the BGG Werewolf IronNiner Challenge 2015Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: I have made a notable contribution to the BGG Werewolf CommunityMicrobadge: I help make BGG Werewolf possible!
PLAYER LIST AND SEATING ORDER
1. Araneya
2. mistertrench
3. Saker1776
4. banjothulu
5. RedScharlach
6. VikingJ
7. chadnorth

ROLES SPOILER

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
ROLE GMs
You are Merlin. Vanderscamp, Vanderscamp, and Vanderscamp are the spies.

You are Percival. Merlin is either Vanderscamp or Vanderscamp.

You are a Rebel.

You are Rebel Lancelot.

You are the Assassin. Your fellow spies are
Vanderscamp (Morgana) and
Vanderscamp (Spy Lancelot)

You are Morgana. Your fellow spies are
Vanderscamp (Assassin) and
Vanderscamp (Spy Lancelot)

You are Spy Lancelot.

Merlin and Percival's names will be given in seating order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
GAME HISTORY
CURRENT GAME STATUS - REBELS WIN

HISTORY

GAME BEGINS

M1.1 Araneya proposes - Araneya, banjothulu*
REJECTED
YES - 3 - Araneya, banjothulu, RedScharlach
NO - 4 - mistertrench, Saker1776, VikingJ, chadnorth

M1.2 mistertrench proposes - Araneya, RedScharlach*
REJECTED
YES - 3 - Araneya, RedScharlach, VikingJ
NO - 4 - mistertrench, Saker1776, banjothulu, chadnorth

M1.3 Saker1776 proposes - Saker1776, VikingJ*
REJECTED
YES - 1 - Saker1776
NO - 6 - Araneya, mistertrench, banjothulu, RedScharlach, VikingJ, chadnorth

M1.4 banjothulu proposes - banjothulu, chadnorth*
REJECTED
YES - 2 - banjothulu, chadnorth
NO - 5 - Araneya, mistertrench, Saker1776, RedScharlach, VikingJ

M1.5 RedScharlach proposes - Araneya*, RedScharlach
ACCEPTED (Hammer)

No Excalibur from Araneya

M1 RESULTS: (Araneya*, RedScharlach) PASS, PASS

M2.1 VikingJ proposes - Araneya, RedScharlach*, VikingJ
REJECTED
YES - 2 - mistertrench, RedScharlach
NO - 5 - Araneya, Saker1776, banjothulu, VikingJ, chadnorth

M2.2 chadnorth proposes - Araneya, mistertrench*, chadnorth
REJECTED
YES - 2 - mistertrench, chadnorth
NO - 5 - Araneya, Saker1776, banjothulu, RedScharlach, VikingJ

M2.3 Araneya proposes - Araneya, mistertrench, RedScharlach*
ACCEPTED
YES - 4 - Araneya, mistertrench, banjothulu, RedScharlach
NO - 3 - Saker1776, VikingJ, chadnorth

No Excalibur from RedScharlach

M2 RESULTS: (Araneya, mistertrench, RedScharlach*) PASS, PASS, PASS

Lancelots switch

M3.1 mistertrench proposes - banjothulu, VikingJ*, chadnorth
REJECTED
YES - 2 - mistertrench, chadnorth
NO - 5 - Araneya, Saker1776, banjothulu, RedScharlach, VikingJ

M3.2 Saker1776 proposes - Araneya*, banjothulu, RedScharlach
ACCEPTED
YES - 6 - Araneya, Saker1776, banjothulu, RedScharlach, VikingJ, chadnorth
NO - 1 - mistertrench

No Excalibur from Araneya

M3 RESULTS: (Araneya*, banjothulu, RedScharlach) PASS, PASS, PASS

VikingJ assassinates RedScharlach

REBELS WIN!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Battle For Souls fan - I play on the side of HellMicrobadge: I play a Paladin!
Vanderscamp wrote:
For those who want the standard, unknown switching Lancelot rules!
I would prefer to play the standard rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hawks
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather play with unknown switching

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Araneya Olausson
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Vanderscamp wrote:
Players:

RedScharlach
chadnorth
banjothulu
Araneya
Three more spots left in this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Btw, thoughts on Lady/no Lady?

With 7p, I don't think we need it, but I'll include it if there's strong support for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Araneya Olausson
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
Btw, thoughts on Lady/no Lady?

With 7p, I don't think we need it, but I'll include it if there's strong support for it.
If this is the game I think it is the I dont' believe we should have lady.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hawks
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really care one way or the other about the Lady. Seems pretty strong with 7 people, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Cool, we won't have it.
We will have Excalibur though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Roffey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to play, but I'm also in the 10p that's going at the same time so if it fills up I'm happy to drop out of this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to join this one please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
roffster wrote:
I'd like to play, but I'm also in the 10p that's going at the same time so if it fills up I'm happy to drop out of this one.
The 10p is becoming a 7p. We have 14 people, so we're making two 7p games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
RedScharlach wrote:
roffster wrote:
The 10p is becoming a 7p. We have 14 people, so we're making two 7p games.
Right. Which Lancelot variant do you prefer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
I'm thinking of subbing Mordred for a plain spy, to make it easier for the rebels. I think the current set is pretty pro-spy, but I'd rather not add Lady.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Vanderscamp wrote:
I'm thinking of subbing Mordred for a plain spy, to make it easier for the rebels. I think the current set is pretty pro-spy, but I'd rather not add Lady.
Yeah, I'll do that. Mordred is now an assassin.
Otherwise it'll just be too hard for rebels, with Mordred and a potentially dirty good lance that Merlin doesn't know about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Initial posts are now complete.

I'm going to start sometime around Wednesday night, BGG time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer this Lance set-up. I'm in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saker
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Taban ran a BGG contest to promote their KS Eden Escape, then gave the contest "winners" nothing.
badge
I don't discuss my clients.
mbmbmbmbmb
One more slot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Saker1776 wrote:
One more slot?
Solid, that's seven.
We'll start Wednesday night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
Btw, feel free to GM me your thoughts during the game!
It makes it interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
It makes it interesting
Anything to keep the mods happy! I'd do it in #73, but I'm Merlin in that game, so there aren't any thoughts to send.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
badge
VikingJ wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
It makes it interesting
Anything to keep the mods happy! I'd do it in #73, but I'm Merlin in that game, so there aren't any thoughts to send.
When I'm a spy or Merlin, I actually share a lot more than as a rebel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |