Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Nowak
Poland
Warsaw
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this is the right place to ask about this. I have the latest official version of Opera (8.51 build 7712) installed and it fails very often when looking at BGG pages. The best way to reproduce the problem is:
- open the main page www.boardgamegeek.com
- open several game pages in new windows (picked from the Hot Games list, I pick Settlers of Catan, Caylus and Power Grid).
- before those game pages manage to load, Opera fails (Program Error message appears).

I'm not sure what exactly on the page makes my browser fail (I tried to do this with Javascript switched off and with picture loading switched off - did not help). Any suggestions (other than changing my favorite browser)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Nowak
Poland
Warsaw
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, after further testing it appears that the problem is related to my computer rather than to the web site or the browser. The same version of the browser appears to work fine on other computers. The reason might be the graphic card driver or some plug-ins. I'll try to figure it out myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Pogoda
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid so I use Opera everyday since 2001 and I never encountered any problems with BGG pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.