Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game and the first day went smooth, but some questions came up during the second.

My skill are Range combat 1 and Melee combat 7. Then I can feed only one survivor and I put the other survivors in the bunker. Now I don't reduce my melee skill, but what happens if during the Feed and fortify phase of the next day I recruit survivor from the bunker that was with my team before leaving it? According to the manual i should had again the survivor's skill points.

The equipment lost during feed and fortify is it discarded?
I am asking because not being able to fee 3 survivors and that one that I found during the Scavenge phase I lost something like 10 cards. I don't understand why if I lose equipment during the combat phase, the equipment stays in the map; but not during the Feed and fortify phase.

Are the map tile's larger entrances required two fortifications for closing them?

If my squad dies, do I lose any ability gained with the the daily goal reward?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Madazam wrote:
I played the game and the first day went smooth, but some questions came up during the second.

My skill are Range combat 1 and Melee combat 7. Then I can feed only one survivor and I put the other survivors in the bunker. Now I don't reduce my melee skill, but what happens if during the Feed and fortify phase of the next day I recruit survivor from the bunker that was with my team before leaving it? According to the manual i should had again the survivor's skill points.

I am asking because not being able to fee 3 survivors and that one that I found during the Scavenge phase I lost something like 10 cards. I don't understand why if I lose equipment during the combat phase, the equipment stays in the map; but not during the Feed and fortify phase.

You can only gain the skills from a specific survivor card once per day. If you were to discard them into the bunker unfed, and then feed them during combat of the same day their skills would not re-add. However if you feed them 2 food on any future days you get their skills, as if they were any other survivor. There are no rules to denote whose survivors where whose if discarded and re-fed(you could perhaps use the death token to denote those discarded survivors where yours, and then remove the token the following day), so you kinda need to remember who you had in your team initially.

Equipment discarded from unfed survivors should be placed into the bunker for other players to be able to choose from, if they can carry it.

Quote:

Are the map tile's larger entrances required two fortifications for closing them?

you cannot build fortifications on the square the bunker entrance is located on. You can build on any legal square around it. Unless their is a "red No Entry" symbol blocking movement and LOS then it is fair game to need multiple fortifications(walls, gates) to defend the bunker entrance.
Quote:

If my squad dies, do I lose any ability gained with the the daily goal reward?

Only if you are perma killed, aka their are no remaining survivors for you to re-spawn form the bunker with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:
Madazam wrote:

You can only gain the skills from a specific survivor card once per day. If you were to discard them into the bunker unfed, and then feed them during combat of the same day their skills would not re-add. However if you feed them 2 food on any future days you get their skills, as if they were any other survivor. There are no rules to denote whose survivors where whose if discarded and re-fed(you could perhaps use the death token to denote those discarded survivors where yours, and then remove the token the following day), so you kinda need to remember who you had in your team initially.

So I don't feed a survivor, then I take him back on the next day and I add again his skills. Doesn't make sense.

zeeparkes wrote:
Madazam wrote:

So I can leave people in the bunker, add again them in the group and bump again my skills. If I need to leave people in the bunker, I should decrease the skill points.

Equipment discarded from unfed survivors should be placed into the bunker for other players to be able to choose from, if they can carry it.

Actually they are discarded. I was able to spot this in the manual.

zeeparkes wrote:
Madazam wrote:

you cannot build fortifications on the square the bunker entrance is located on. You can build on any legal square around it. Unless their is a "red No Entry" symbol blocking movement and LOS then it is fair game to need multiple fortifications(walls, gates) to defend the bunker entrance.

That's what a mean. Some entrances have 2 squares length.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Madazam wrote:

So I don't feed a survivor, then I take him back on the next day and I add again his skills. Doesn't make sense.

I agree it's not the most elegant solution. We decided early on that having skills go down really detracted from the fun factor(those games sucked pretty hard). Thus the golden rule of never go down was established. As for losing and regaining, we felt that same day wouldn't' work, but next day the survivor had spent thinking while he/she was starving, and brought new incites to the group if brought back into the squad, thus the skill bump again.

I know it's not elegant, but it works for the most part. I'm open to alternatives.

zeeparkes wrote:

got a page number on that one? I've always played that gear is discarded into the bunker, not the discard pile, unless you must drop gear while out scavenging. If during combat and you die or drop gear due to scavenging more then you can carry, the death tokens are used to denote the gear is on the board.

zeeparkes wrote:

Most entrances should require minimum of 2 walls to close off, if not 3 or 4. The hotel entrance is the only odd one, in that it's technically beneath the stairwell, though it's square of activity is the one in front of the door, aka directly above the stairwell lookout tower if you are looking at the tile facing up with A01 in lower left corner.

The city park needs 3 fortifications, the restaurant and grocery store are both stairs, and I think can be barricaded with 1 wall and 1 gate.

[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Macleod
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:
Madazam wrote:

I agree it's not the most elegant solution. We decided early on that having skills go down really detracted from the fun factor(those games sucked pretty hard). Thus the golden rule of never go down was established. As for losing and regaining, we felt that same day wouldn't' work, but next day the survivor had spent thinking while he/she was starving, and brought new incites to the group if brought back into the squad, thus the skill bump again.

I know it's not elegant, but it works for the most part. I'm open to alternatives.

zeeparkes wrote:

got a page number on that one? I've always played that gear is discarded into the bunker, not the discard pile, unless you must drop gear while out scavenging. If during combat and you die or drop gear due to scavenging more then you can carry, the death tokens are used to denote the gear is on the board.

zeeparkes wrote:

Most entrances should require minimum of 2 walls to close off, if not 3 or 4. The hotel entrance is the only odd one, in that it's technically beneath the stairwell, though it's square of activity is the one in front of the door, aka directly above the stairwell lookout tower if you are looking at the tile facing up with A01 in lower left corner.

The city park needs 3 fortifications, the restaurant and grocery store are both stairs, and I think can be barricaded with 1 wall and 1 gate.

[/q]

Reintroducing the skill bump a second time is new to me. I've never played the game this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
macleodsr wrote:
Reintroducing the skill bump a second time is new to me. I've never played the game this way.

As stated above it's un-elegant. As a general rule, you can't get the same survivors skill bump twice int a single day. outside of that all is fair game. The cost of extra food means it's just the same as getting any other survivor, though it doesn't make the most sense, it's what we use currently for these rare situations.

The problem arises from not keeping track of who discarded who. Too much board management and not enough cardboard to keep track.

Early games also allowed trading of survivors, but this soon became a game breaker as player's would just swap their entire squad to gain a skill bump of everyone they had, and thus no survivor trader was written into the rulebook. Conversely, having skills go down when you lost a survivor makes more sense(since it's a group skill anyway), it's just not a terribly fun game to continually get lv. 5, to only have it drop back to untrained when a survivor bites it.

Personally I've been toying with having the survivor skills denote untrained, lv. 5 and lv. 10 respectively for if they have no skill, 1 skill or 2 skill on their portrait, and then attacking individually for each survivor. Then leveled skill would be what the squad as a whole attacks with if they are untrained, but individually some survivors are more skilled then others. then if a survivor dies, only the group skill goes down, not the individuals. It's alot more board management however, and better suited to a character sheet and not a squad board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:
Madazam wrote:

zeeparkes wrote:

zeeparkes wrote:

[/q]

It was on the feed and fortify page or in the FAQ.
Also in the page regarding squad death, regarding creating a new squad with the survivors in the bunker, the manual mentions only the two equipment cards that are left in the bunker at the setup. It doesn't mention anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.