Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Flip_Florey [+] [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some would say that, prior to the 2000's, "Mashups" were an imperfect art form. Case in point: the 1996 hoops drama Space Jam, in which basketball megastar/baseball notsomuch Michael Jordan teams up with the Looney Tunes gang for an interstellar basketball throwdown. This week, the Flip the Table panel immerses themselves in the Space Jam experience by suiting up and taking it to the hole in Space Jam: Michael Jordan's Cosmic Court. In this Plinko-based basketball simulator, four competing Michael Jordans race to be the first to hit the ultimate SLAM DUNK to defeat the Monstars and rescue Bugs and the gang from the horrific Monstars. Without Bill Murray around to pick up the slack, can anybody save this game? Plus: DOUBLE SHAWARMA! Don't miss it!

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2013/06/episode-31-space-j...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done as always. Loved the artwork.
Professor, I especially enjoyed how you said that the battle of wits was like Space Jam in that it was a mash-up that no one would want to watch...and you used two visually based contests in an audio-only media. Good times.

Flip, we missed you, though it sounds like this was a nice episode to miss as far as game play goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CWM
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic episode! But I think Chris got ripped off. I'm pretty sure that Tex Avery is officially credited as being the creator of Bugs Bunny, although it depends on which point "the actual Bugs Bunny" first appeared.

Ben "Bugs" Hardaway and Cal Dalton created the first prototype of the rabbit that became Bugs Bunny in Tex Avery's short "A Wild Hare," considered to be Bugs' first official appearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wikipedia would seem to agree...though the meta rules of the Battle of Wits are similar to that of pro wrestling... "If the ref didn't see it during the match, it never happened."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this was an episode I didn't cry (too long) about missing. Even though the MJ lives inside of me, its the real MJ - Michael Jackson. And his Chaos Dunk involves a few more wind machines, zombies and hair catching on fire.

And I'm not a fan of Plinko (even though I know its beloved), so yay me!!

The board is a pretty looking board though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olejnicak
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tweety bird looked a little like a cartoon roasted chicken. Did he get dunked against THAT hard?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.