Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card play causes a CA result, and the original attack came from two separate hexes, how is that resolved in this game? I'd like to know the answer if there is one unit conducting the counter attack and if there are two units conducting it, if possible, so I can get it right in future turns as well.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you just select one of the attacking hexes to resolve your counterattack to? You don't attack all of the attacking hexes - just one of them. Be aware that all units in that hex defend though - even if they were not in the initial attack on you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
*Nyan*
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rules say the original attackers and defenders stay the same during a CA
I always did the usual sum of attackers/sum of defenders and roll on crt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. My understanding is that all attacking units are counter-attacked, which means the odds could be pretty poor, but also that all attackers could be forced to retreat. A counter-attack is optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case OP's question is simply about whether units in a single hex can attack units in more than one hex: yes, they can; see rule 10.3.5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. I was thinking of the counterblow rules. This is what I get when posting from work I guess.

I read the rules for this just now and the other posters in this thread are correct - you just do the attack again but this time the defender is the attacker and the attacker is the defender, still using the original combatants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.