Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: You're in my zone of control!Microbadge: WargamerMicrobadge: Abe Vigoda - patron saint of wargamer requestsMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Dos vedanya Tovarisch!
My group set up tonight and began Turn 0 of the campaign game. As we set up, for the life of us we could not locate CP, RP, or Rail Transport Capacity counters for the Japanese. I've looked at these counters I don't know how many times, and we're just not seeing them. Are they missing, is there a good reason why they aren't included, or am I just having a fatigue-induced "duh" moment and they are right in front of me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Bass
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
badge
What's this? Why, it's the Hiller Flying Platform! It flew in 1955.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are the grey counters on Sheet #2, just above the dark blue counters.

[Edit: Nope...those are the KMT counters...see below...there seem to be no Japanese counters for tracking those quantities.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: You're in my zone of control!Microbadge: WargamerMicrobadge: Abe Vigoda - patron saint of wargamer requestsMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Dos vedanya Tovarisch!
Those are the KMT counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I haven't read the rules yet so maybe a dumb question, but do the Japanese use these counters? The Vassal mod also doesn't include them - maybe the CP, RP, and Rail Capacity values are fixed for the Japanese? Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven N.

New York
msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
CP and RP are fixed for the Japanese. The values are determined by the general events chart, and I think printed on the map summary of the turns. this is also true for the Western Allies.

But the Western Allies have CP and RP counters, and I can't find any for the Japanese either. Funny.

I'm not sure about rail transport. I'm still reading the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Japanese don't need them cause they are fixed by the game on every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Delp
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the logic. The Japanese player total points may be fixed from turn-to turn, but he still needs to keep track of them as they are spent in-turn, so why wouldn't you want the counters to keep track of them? Sure, he can write the totals down, but so could everyone else for that matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven N.

New York
msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
It makes sense for RP, which are totaled up early in the turn and spent later in the turn all at once. In this case the KMT player needs to remember a number and the Japanese player doesn't. But CP are spent continuously, and so a CP counter makes sense, no?

And why give the WA counters and not the Japanese?

It's minor, but the ommission seems a legitimate complaint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Ma Hongkui
Microbadge: Avalon Hill fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: I'm a Black Orchestra fan!Microbadge: COIN fanMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fan
nastebu wrote:
It makes sense for RP, which are totaled up early in the turn and spent later in the turn all at once. In this case the KMT player needs to remember a number and the Japanese player doesn't. But CP are spent continuously, and so a CP counter makes sense, no?

And why give the WA counters and not the Japanese?

It's minor, but the ommission seems a legitimate complaint.
Sounds like a good idea for more Spec Ops counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard wrote:
Now I'm confused. The designer says we don't need them, and the developer says they're missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
DeletedUser389997 wrote:
Leonard wrote:
Now I'm confused. The designer says we don't need them, and the developer says they're missing.
I think the answer is, they are required or at least useful. OTOH being just markers, they're easy enough to make with pen and spare counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard To
Hong Kong
Wanchai
n/a
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean they are missing, but being marker counters they are not absolutely necessary for playing the game, especially for the Japan RP and CP markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls