Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If two cards ask for mustering, one after the other.... Should I muster troops again? It haooened in our first game ever, that one Wilding card asked to the one that has the Iron throne to decide a,b or c. He chosses "a)" that was for mustering, after that... The eecond wilding card was "mustering" then we mustered twice. Is this ok?

2)if i march to a different area that has an unused march order... Can, the already marched troops, to march again when this "second" march order is used?
If I put a crown order, but the car about Consolidate power doesnt appear, should I consolidate power where this token is?
- can I put a consolidate order token in a land where I don't have any unit , even when I control this land area with a power token?

- aeron damphair, what is this car for? It seems that you just use it to get a different card.

This is my first attempt with this game, we are playing and learning with the family.
Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Evans
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
www.evanswhanau.co.nz
badge
...always a sliver of hope.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the fold. Stick with the rules, they make sense eventually.

ecominguez wrote:
1) If two cards ask for mustering, one after the other.... Should I muster troops again? It haooened in our first game ever, that one Wilding card asked to the one that has the Iron throne to decide a,b or c. He chosses "a)" that was for mustering, after that... The eecond wilding card was "mustering" then we mustered twice. Is this ok?
This does't make sesne for a single Westeros Phase. The Westeros cards are organised in three different decks:
1) deals with musterign and supply
2) deals with gaining power, and bidding for tracks
3) deals with wildling attacks, and restricting order types.
each Westeros Phase you draw one from each deck - so you shouldn;t get mustering twice

ecominguez wrote:
2)if i march to a different area that has an unused march order... Can, the already marched troops, to march again when this "second" march order is used?
Yes.

ecominguez wrote:
If I put a crown order, but the car about Consolidate power doesnt appear, should I consolidate power where this token is?
- can I put a consolidate order token in a land where I don't have any unit , even when I control this land area with a power token?
You can only ever put orders where you have at least one unit. The consolidate power order token is resolves as a completely separate event from the Westeros cards.

ecominguez wrote:
- aeron damphair, what is this car for? It seems that you just use it to get a different card.
Useful - you can play a low card, and then see what they played, and decide if you wan't to beat it. And you recycle your deck faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Make sure that Westeros cards are separated in 3 decks (I, II and III on backs). You draw 1 card from each deck.
2) To explain: you don't have to remember anything. Just look what you have on board at the moment and that's all you have to know. I one turn you move more units to area with match. Next one all you have to know is that you have units with march order.
3) Consolidate power: 2 separate way to gain power.
Westeros card gives you one token for each crown you control. Order gives you one token (for the order itself) + one for each crown in area where order is placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roftie
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ecominguez wrote:
I think you are confusing "Wildling" card with Westeros card. The card you seem to be referring to is A Throne of Blades (where the holder of the Iron Throne can choose b) mustering), which is in the Westeros deck I.

Only one Westeros card is resolved from each deck during each Westeros phase (not counting Winter is Coming cards). It's impossible to play two mustering cards in one turn. The only way to muster twice in the Westeros phase, is when, in addition to mustering in Westeros deck I, there is a Wildling attack and the players win against the The Horde Descends card (which allows one player to muster in one castle/stronghold).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Angioletti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
ecominguez wrote:
1) If two cards ask for mustering, one after the other.... Should I muster troops again? It happened in our first game ever, that one Wilding card asked to the one that has the Iron throne to decide a,b or c. He chosses "a)" that was for mustering, after that... The eecond wilding card was "mustering" then we mustered twice. Is this ok?
rules p.4 wrote:
3. Prepare the Westeros Decks: Separate the Westeros cards into decks according to their roman numeral (I, II, or III). Shuffle each deck and place them separately facedown next to the game board.
Westeros Cards should be divided into 3 smaller decks (based on the I,II or III on their back). You then reveal every round only the top card of each deck. Since every Mustering istance is in Deck I, you can't have it happen twice in the same round.

Other ways to have a (limited) mustering are placing a starred Consolidate Power Order or having a particular Wildlings Card revelead after winning a Wildlings attack.

ecominguez wrote:
rules p.15 wrote:
Advanced Strategy Tip: A player can “stagger” movement by placing several March Orders in adjacent areas. In this fashion, a unit is able to move more than one area in a turn. This is accomplished by marching units into an area containing another friendly March Order, and later (when resolving that second March Order) moving that area’s units into a new area (potentially containing the third friendly March Order, which would allow the units to move again when that last March Order is later resolved). This can be a difficult trick to accomplish, however, since a successful enemy attack could remove one of the March Orders in this chain.
Yes, troops can March again. Just remember that Routed units can't March or Retreat and the March Orders (as every Order) can't be placed on empty areas (=without friendly units), even if you control them via other means.

ecominguez wrote:
If I put a crown order, but the card about Consolidate power doesnt appear, should I consolidate power where this token is?
rules p.14 wrote:
The Action Phase
During the Action Phase, players resolve all orders that were assigned to the game board during the Planning Phase. The Action Phase isresolved by performing the following steps:
1. Resolve Raid Orders
2. Resolve March Orders (and resulting combat)
3. Resolve Consolidate Power Orders
Consolidate Power Orders works indipendently from Westeros Cards, as they are resolved in another phase of the round. I get that you were gaining Power Tokens only when the "Game of Thrones" card was resolved, but that card refers only to the crowns printed on the map. During the Westeros Phase, there are no orders placed on the map yet.

ecominguez wrote:
[q=rules p.12"]During this step, each player must place exactly one Order token facedown on each area he controls that contains at least one of his units. All players place their orders simultaneously. An area cannot be assigned more than one Order token.[/q]
So no, you can't.

ecominguez wrote:
It acts as a placeholder card: you can wait to see which card your opponent played and then respond with the perfect card of your own, albeit paying 2 power tokens.

By playing two House Cards at the same time, it also helps to cycle your hand to regain those sweet sweet Balon, Victarion and Euron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your very clear answers. I am happy to see that the rules are so good in the rulebook but sometimes I have doubts. As I tell in my first posts in every forum, English is not my language, so it is possible I commit mistakes when explaining or asking things, and it is possible I didn't get a rule even when it is very well writen.
Thanks a lot.
Eduardo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake, about my question #1, I thought that were possible to have Mustering card and another card that ask for mustering through the owner of the throne choice, in a different deck. Of course i use the cards as the rulesmsays, with I II and III very well ordered, but as I didn't read them all I didn't know that all the mustering possibilities are only in the first deck, I look through them after your answers, and I saw that what I believed as a possible problem does not exist at all.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls