Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

There are a few threads about the problem most of us are experiencing when trying to store all the cards from Legendary Marvel and the Dark City expansion when the cards are sleeved. There are threads about not enough dividers for all of the cards. And we still have a issue with storing and toting the game board around.

Most of these threads are either rants or opinions of what should be done.

My question is what have you found to be a solution until Upper Deck comes out with a possible new box design? What are you doing now?

I am currently using the Dark City box to hold all of my sleeved cards from both boxes. It leaves a bit of room as you can see from the foam block in the picture below.

I had to take out the cardboard divider and trim down a new piece of cardboard that wasn't as thick so the sleeved cards would fit. Its still tight, but manageable.

I also picked up some index cards and trimmed the down to the same size as the dividers and labeled them.

Now that I have the card storage issue dealt with for now, I still have a free floating game board. The rule book doesn't fit either but I have the PDF on my phone.

So that is my temporary fix. Now here is what I am planing on doing.

This is my old Rook Deluxe Endura that I customized for my Magic the Gathering decks.

I took out the deck boxes and put my Legendary cards in and padded the front and back with foam. This has more than enough room for the cards, but again, still not enough room for the board. I really don't want to redo this case, but if push comes to shove, I just might have too. I won't lie, it would be fun to make one for Legendary, but I would prefer to make another one and leave this as is.If you know where I can get another one of these cases, please let me know! I was thinking of finding a heavy duty plastic envelope folder thing and mounting it on the bottom to store the board.

For dividers, there is a cool design posted by another user. (I will have to add the link later because I am writing this on my phone) I am going to look at scrap book paper at a local arts and crafts store for a good thickness, print them out and cut them down.

My only other thought is one of those big clunky white card storage boxes.


So what are you currently using to store everything? Does anyone have a working solution?

Thanks for the read and I look forward to hearing what you all are doing!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Sushi Go! fanMicrobadge: Android fanMicrobadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Legendary fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fan
1havok12 wrote:
My question is what have you found to be a solution until Upper Deck comes out with a possible new box design? What are you doing now
Why would upper deck come up with a new box design? Clearly they plan on releasing a lot more expansions. There is a small expansion in October and from what people have been saying there will likely be another dark city size expansion at some point next year as well. With all these extra cards does anyone really think that any game company would try to provide a box to contain all of those cards? Plus any more expansions? I don't tally think it'd going to happen. If it does, fantastic! But I'm fully expecting to have to carry several boxes around with me, and I'm fine with that.

All I would ask of upper deck is that the expansion boxes are small enough to not contain a spots amount of extra space. If they are big enough to contain only the cards they provide I will be a happy man.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcclain
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love some ideas regarding custom case builds as including user made cards i am pushing damn near 2000 cards...I pretty much used dark city to house all cards besides heroes (including enigma's TMNT set) and then the core box holding all heroes besides 3 i had to include in the DCity box...Bought a white box,it would prolly work fine it just looks so lame and i know would get dirty easy...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
With all these extra cards does anyone really think that any game company would try to provide a box to contain all of those cards? Plus any more expansions? I don't tally think it'd going to happen. If it does, fantastic! But I'm fully expecting to have to carry several boxes around with me, and I'm fine with that.
You make a good valid point. I guess my thoughts for a one box system stems from a friend of mine who has the game Thunderstone along with all the expansions. The box he had I believe came as the core box, but he was able to store all the expansions in it. He had the expansion boxes but he didn't need them because he had more than enough room. This is my first deck building game that I have ever owned so seeing my friend's Thunderstone setup, I guess I feel they should all be that way?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mimiccwb wrote:
I would love some ideas regarding custom case builds as including user made cards i am pushing damn near 2000 cards...I pretty much used dark city to house all cards besides heroes (including enigma's TMNT set)

dude that is awesome.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mimiccwb wrote:
I would love some ideas regarding custom case builds as including user made cards i am pushing damn near 2000 cards...I pretty much used dark city to house all cards besides heroes (including enigma's TMNT set) and then the core box holding all heroes besides 3 i had to include in the DCity box...Bought a white box,it would prolly work fine it just looks so lame and i know would get dirty easy...

You sir are a Marvel. thumbsup
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Pittsboro
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect Upper Deck to do what AEG did for Thunderstone. When the next big box is released, it will contain a better insert you could use to store better quantities of cards. Then from there on out this will be the model.

For now, I removed the insert and used the foam in the center as a divider. Works fine until they get a better insert.

All my cards are sleeved with the Legendary sleeves. They are fantastic.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas B
United States
Monroe
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I find the "Legendary" sleeves? I did a search and couldn't find any made specifically for the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From another thread:

DiggetyDog46 wrote:
CoolStuff, Inc. claims they'll have them this month.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/188789
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Kochinka
United States
minneola
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I took out the plastic insert from the original legendary box. I used a plain file folder I cut 4 equal sized dividers from. I taped 2 together to make 2 somewhat more sturdy dividers. I was able to get 3 rows of sleeved cards in the box. Basically I have all 32 heroes in one row. So that's basically 448 cards plus the dividers in that row. That gives me room for 1,344 cards at least. I'm hoping to be able to squeeze in the next 2 small expansions and the next big box before I have to move to a second box. Possibly by that point there will be some other alternatives. Maybe another insert to make a second level to the box and then hold another 1300 cards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thaPredator wrote:
I took out the plastic insert from the original legendary box. I used a plain file folder I cut 4 equal sized dividers from. I taped 2 together to make 2 somewhat more sturdy dividers. I was able to get 3 rows of sleeved cards in the box. Basically I have all 32 heroes in one row. So that's basically 448 cards plus the dividers in that row. That gives me room for 1,344 cards at least. I'm hoping to be able to squeeze in the next 2 small expansions and the next big box before I have to move to a second box. Possibly by that point there will be some other alternatives. Maybe another insert to make a second level to the box and then hold another 1300 cards.
Can you post a picture of your setup?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Avatar
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Kansas City Chiefs fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Oahu Board Gamers Meetup participant
If you use Mayday standard sleeves, all the kids fit just fine, with enough space for the FF expansion as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Kochinka
United States
minneola
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Here's a couple of pics of my setup. I still need to go back and make proper dividers, but it's working for the time being.



On the left are all of the current heroes. I can get at least 2 more in, possibly 3.

In the middle are the starter decks, Maria Hill, Wounds and Bystanders.

On the right are Villains, Henchmen, Masterminds, Schemes, Twists and Master Strikes.

I'm using Ultra-Pro Sleeves if that makes any difference. $6 for a pack of 100.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thaPredator wrote:
Here's a couple of pics of my setup. I still need to go back and make proper dividers, but it's working for the time being.



On the left are all of the current heroes. I can get at least 2 more in, possibly 3.

In the middle are the starter decks, Maria Hill, Wounds and Bystanders.

On the right are Villains, Henchmen, Masterminds, Schemes, Twists and Master Strikes.

I'm using Ultra-Pro Sleeves if that makes any difference. $6 for a pack of 100.
Almost the same thing I'm doing...



Core Supers/baddies on the left,
Dark City Supers/baddies in the middle
All the rest on the right (+ FF when released).

Re dividers, I used the labels here for the base set and made my own for the expansion. Was 6 cards short so cut new ones from white poster board. A little thicker than the stock cards, but hardly noticeable.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
thaPredator wrote:
Here's a couple of pics of my setup. I still need to go back and make proper dividers, but it's working for the time being.



On the left are all of the current heroes. I can get at least 2 more in, possibly 3.

In the middle are the starter decks, Maria Hill, Wounds and Bystanders.

On the right are Villains, Henchmen, Masterminds, Schemes, Twists and Master Strikes.

I'm using Ultra-Pro Sleeves if that makes any difference. $6 for a pack of 100.
Almost the same thing I'm doing...



Core Supers/baddies on the left,
Dark City Supers/baddies in the middle
All the rest on the right (+ FF when released).

Re dividers, I used the labels here for the base set and made my own for the expansion. Was 6 cards short so cut new ones from white poster board. A little thicker than the stock cards, but hardly noticeable.
Thank you both for sharing pics. I think I will have to try this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1havok12 wrote:

I had to take out the cardboard divider and trim down a new piece of cardboard that wasn't as thick so the sleeved cards would fit. Its still tight, but manageable.

My cards fit just fine sleeved, using kmc's. Also I did colored sleeves on the Masterminds.

Dr Doom - Green
Loki -Green
Magneto - purple
Mephisto - Red
Red Skull - Red
Stryfe - silver
Kingpin - White
The others - black

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also used KMC perfect fit sleeves and everything fit in the original box with the insert.

I was one divider short though of making it perfect. So instead of making a 2nd Wolverine divider I put both decks together. I also don't use dividers for the starting decks, wounds, SHIELD officers, or bystanders. Those go in their own sections anyway. I still have some room, too, but unless the small box expansion has dividers I'll be out of those.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
What do you guys use for the long row dividers. I know cardboard, but where did you get it. Or did you just cut up some scraps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaGigolo wrote:
What do you guys use for the long row dividers. I know cardboard, but where did you get it. Or did you just cut up some scraps.
I used pulp board from the local art store. Scored and folded to make a U-like channel that sits in the box.

Poster board should work too, although it would be a little thinner. You can also make your own from frozen pizza boxes (glue printed sides together).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Also, where are you guys finding the foam blocks?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I have ton of foam blocks from various deck builders games, but if my memory serves me correctly, dark city has some.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - only using the ones that came with Dark City
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the issue with dividers.

I've divided all my heroes and villains. I put Mastermind Cards and Schemes all together. I had exactly enough dividers. And I could have just put the Wounds/Bystanders etc in one of the large pockets in the insert.

I mean, I don't sleeve, so I wouldn't know about that. But the dividers are enough. The only way they aren't enough is if you choose to make them insufficient.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Diehl
United States
Junction City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
The eerie war chant emanating from the morning fog set chills down every spine. "Lah, lah, la lah, lah, lah."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
I don't understand the issue with dividers.

I've divided all my heroes and villains. I put Mastermind Cards and Schemes all together. I had exactly enough dividers. And I could have just put the Wounds/Bystanders etc in one of the large pockets in the insert.

I mean, I don't sleeve, so I wouldn't know about that. But the dividers are enough. The only way they aren't enough is if you choose to make them insufficient.
Some of us are too anal retentive to keep the Master Minds all together. This is where I have run out of dividers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Papasmerv wrote:
poshniallo wrote:
I don't understand the issue with dividers.

I've divided all my heroes and villains. I put Mastermind Cards and Schemes all together. I had exactly enough dividers. And I could have just put the Wounds/Bystanders etc in one of the large pockets in the insert.

I mean, I don't sleeve, so I wouldn't know about that. But the dividers are enough. The only way they aren't enough is if you choose to make them insufficient.
Some of us are too anal retentive to keep the Master Minds all together. This is where I have run out of dividers.
Yep, I even made starter deck with dividers.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |