Jens Futterer
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
Kingdom Death: Monster
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear community,

i just had an encounter which opened a gate at the location and a monster appeared.
1. Does the investigator immediately have to fight the monster?
2. Is the investigator sucked through the gate? Because i can find this rule only at the mythos phase. Does it also apply here?
3. But if he is sucked through, what is happening with the monster. Because there is a rule which states, that monsters from encounters are disappearing after the encounter. So it would be pretty useless having the investigator sucked through the gate and the monster which just appeared is immediately disappearing.

I am a bit confused right now. Clarification is much appreciated =)

Regards
Jens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
FuttererJ wrote:
Dear community,

i just had an encounter which opened a gate at the location and a monster appeared.
1. Does the investigator immediately have to fight the monster?

No the investigator is sucked through the gate before he needs to deal with the monster.

Quote:
2. Is the investigator sucked through the gate? Because i can find this rule only at the mythos phase. Does it also apply here?

Yes, it applies here as well.

Quote:
3. But if he is sucked through, what is happening with the monster. Because there is a rule which states, that monsters from encounters are disappearing after the encounter. So it would be pretty useless having the investigator sucked through the gate and the monster which just appeared is immediately disappearing.

The monster stays as a little present for those remaining behind in Arkham.

Only when the encounter says "a monster appears" do you deal with him right now. If you manage to escape him or get defeated by him, then he goes back to the monster cup.

When a gate appears with the monster, it all gets changed up. You are drawn through and delayed. The monster stays there (and will move if his symbol comes up on the mythos card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Futterer
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
Kingdom Death: Monster
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you missed this little section near the end of the rules on page 22 under “Miscellany”:

Quote:
Many encounters state that “A gate and a monster appear!” For these encounters, both the monster and the gate stay on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.