Quarriors! Quartifacts» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mighty Knight of Quamelot - Advanced Rules Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Bengi
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"If Knight of Quamelot scores, return its die to your Active Pool."

When using the advanced scoring rules where you only cull the die you score, I am not sure how to play this one.

1. Do what it says and score the glory and return it to the active pool. In this case, it is extremely powerful.

2. Only score glory if you cull it. You can return it to the active pool if you don't actually score the glory.

Which way do you guys play it?

I really dislike option #1 as it is extremely powerful that way. Probably the most powerful die in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine it's option 1.

The flow would normally be Score-> Cull with advanced rule. this card's text takes precedence, so it is returned to active pool before the cull.

My theory is that they worded it the way they did so it would be 'clear' no matter if you were using the advanced scoring rule or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good question, because the rules for quests, for example, are very careful to point out that you can complete a quest to get an artifact, without culling for the points. Hmm….

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, Tim!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to stir up the dust on this one again, but here's an extremely relevant quotation from the Rules (English) from WizKids Games:
WizKids wrote:
For purposes of card text, a Creature who helps complete a Quest is not scoring! A Creature only “scores” when it is in your Ready Area at the start of your turn. When a Quest is completed, it is the Quest that scores, not the Creatures.
[highlighting by me]
Of course, this is in addition to the Expert Rules and Questing section:
WizKids wrote:
The Quarmageddon set introduced the Expert Rules that only permit a player to cull the actual dice that score and prohibit a player from receiving Glory unless he culls those dice. When using the Expert Rules with Questing, a player who completes a Quest can only cull the Creatures who successfully completed that Quest. Furthermore, a player cannot score Glory for a Quest unless he culls all the Creatures who completed that Quest. However, a player who does not wish to cull all of his Questing Creatures may still roll the Quest Die and receive its reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Sansone
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap, you are right! I've just played a match in which I used to reroll after scoring each quest. Porhaps I should tell my friend - I won by a single point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.