Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmbmbmb
At page 12 in the black box:
"Zombie movement occurs within the triggered area.
This means that zombies will never move outside of the triggering area (1 space away for zombies).
If their only legal path would take them outside of the triggering area, they will stay put."

Maybe due to my poor english knowledge, but i do not understand this sentence.

"Zombie movement occurs within the triggered area"
maybe means "Zombie movement occurs towards the triggered area."

"If their only legal path would take them outside of the triggering area, they will stay put."
Why they should move if they are in the triggering tile, where it is impossible that there isn't a character that can be attacked ? Maybe this sentece is as refuse ?

I think that this third row is completly useless or (worst) misleading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the phrasing might be a little unclear. A zombie is activated if it is in the triggered area, which consists of all tiles adjacent (orthogonally and diagonally) to the triggered tile, the tile a player is on. So a zombie can't move further away from the triggered tile, even if the only clear path to get there would necessitate moving away, so sometimes they have to stay put. Otherwise, they move to or towards the triggered tile along the nearest path to get there.

Clear?

-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, now its better. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is much better explained in the new rulesbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a 5 man team is split up into all slots of the team tracker, can the same creature really act/move 5 times after each characters actions ? Does not make much sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
If a 5 man team is split up into all slots of the team tracker, can the same creature really act/move 5 times after each characters actions ? Does not make much sense.
It can...so the team must make sure it is not split up so much over the house when larger creatures or bigger hordes are nearby.
In general, most of the times teams split up in 2 groups, sometimes 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:
LarkinVB wrote:
It can...so the team must make sure it is not split up so much over the house when larger creatures or bigger hordes are nearby.
In general, most of the times teams split up in 2 groups, sometimes 3.
A slow move 2 zombie will be able to move 10 spaces in theory but each human can only move 3 spaces maximum in the same amount of time ? What logic is backing this ? For me it is spoiling any sense of realism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmbmbmb
for realism purpose you must consider also the time. Who say that character alone do not spent much time to decide what to do in a house he never seen than a zombie that move towards rumors without thinking anythingelse?

or again... did you see World war z.... did zombies seems slowly ?

After all speaking of realism in this kind of game is a non sense..... how fast can be a Nemesi?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroCool_ITA wrote:
for realism purpose you must consider also the time. Who say that character alone do not spent much time to decide what to do in a house he never seen than a zombie that move towards rumors without thinking anythingelse?

or again... did you see World war z.... did zombies seems slowly ?

After all speaking of realism in this kind of game is a non sense..... how fast can be a Nemesi?
The character can only move 3 even if he already moved through the same tiles. A zombie can move 10. I can not image any explanation why a zombie can be three times faster. Of course I like to see some kind of 'realism' and I do not get it why creatures speed up or slow down dependant on the number of survivor groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David answered this over on the kickstarter comments page, but I thought I would post his reply here too:

David
@Larkin
I hope you realize this is a game, and not a real life simulation ;)
You have to see it this way: zombies in DDD react to noise (as is the case in many zombie movies) and will act more agressive when there is noise spread over the whole house.
This is why searching with large parties trigger bad things like monsters awakening/zombies nearing.
So splitting up certainly makes your team cover more ground, but potentiall make more noise in the house and thus attract more reactions from creatures nearby.
For example, a group can start doing stuff in room A which triggers attention of zombies in room B..triggering them for movement...stumbling upon team members hiding in room C.
So basically you really need to consider everyone on the board when performing actions.
That is what makes the game so intense.

-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls