Subject: Attacking a wounded character... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Renaud
Canada
laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
When attacking a wounded character if the result of the battle is equal, someone told me that the wounded character is considered the winner thus wounding the attacker...
Is that true?
Thanks for clearing this out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Miuccio
United States
Norristown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
While I do not have the rule book in front of me, I don't believe this is the case. I believe it is a draw, the active player loses an AP, and the active player can take another action, including attacking the wounded figure again, ever with the same figure (As long as they have APs left). Hope this clarifies.

- Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam's right, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Sam mentioned, wounded characters do not win on a tie.

If the wounded character wins the combat the attacker is wounded, if the attacker wins then the wounded character is killed.

Also, remember that you can not attack a character that has been wounded during the current turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut & Space wrote:
When attacking a wounded character if the result of the battle is equal, someone told me that the wounded character is considered the winner thus wounding the attacker...
Is that true?
Thanks for clearing this out!

As several others have correctly stated - in case of a tie, all involved characters maintain their current status. Any combat cards used are discarded (except for the Combat +0 card). If the attacker has any actions remaining, they may attack again.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Lamontagne
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my mistake, the attacker isn't wounded on a tie. blush

Chris Boelinger confirmed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.