Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I officially ran out of dividers with the Dark City Expansion. Why on earth were not more dividers included? What was the overhead, .03 cents for some more dividers? Please add more dividers in the next expansion and charge us .50 cents more. Thanks! Great game BTW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 33 left over from the base game, and am anxiously awaiting the transatlantic delivery of Dark City. Will my 33 be enough for the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Croyd Crenson
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I sorted all my cards (Legendary base set and L-DC) and i end up 7 dividers short. You won't have enough unless you regroup some types of cards together (ex: all shield cards - troopers, officers and agents - under one divider).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
5teve on fire wrote:
I sorted all my cards (Legendary base set and L-DC) and i end up 7 dividers short. You won't have enough unless you regroup some types of cards together (ex: all shield cards - troopers, officers and agents - under one divider).
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spalanzani wrote:
I have 33 left over from the base game, and am anxiously awaiting the transatlantic delivery of Dark City. Will my 33 be enough for the expansion?
You'll have to combine things to get everything divided. Why they didn't add more dividers is beyond me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HAHA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zgwortz
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
So... Having discovered the shortage of dividers when we got Dark City for a friend's copy, I was prepared when I finally bought Legendary and Dark City together.

I decided that I'd only use the dividers for Heroes, Villians, Masterminds, and Henchmen, leaving the common cards used in most games (Wounds, Bystanders, Shield Officers, Agents, and Troopers, Master Strikes, Scheme Twists, and Schemes...) without them, and to my surprise, I had *exactly* enough for the other cards.

Which implies to me that the dividers were perhaps never intended for the always used cards. Which we'd never have guessed until Dark City was released. ::sigh::

For sorting purposes in the box, I have the Schemes and Scheme Twists in one of the sideways middle slots, the Agents and Troopers in the narrow slot next to the largest area, and the Master Strikes, Wounds, Bystanders, and Shield Officers all together in the smallest ribbed area since they all come out for every game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sorted mine with one divider for each stack and had just the right number. Masterminds and Schemes both have one divider, all the heroes have their own, as do Wounds, the three SHIELD stacks and the Bystanders. Twists and Master Strikes also got their own divider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no divider problems, and here is why. I don't sleeve my cards. Instead, I put each *set* of cards into one oversized sleeve. I do this for masterminds, villains, and henchmen. I can't do it for the heroes because I can't find sleeves big enough to hold that many cards without being too big to fit in the box.

So I just have one divider for "Masterminds", one for "Henchmen", and one for "Villains". I can then randomly pick one "pack" of cards which is just one sleeve with every card of that type stored in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mullins

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep everything separated except for putting all the masterminds from each expansion together, and my bystanders and scheme cards from base and Dark City have commingled (and begun plotting together, which makes me nervous, especially once Midtown Bank Robbery mysteriously disappeared) and I had enough left over to separate out 5 starting decks.

It's curious how we've all had such different experiences with dividing this thing up, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing the math as I played the game today:

60 dividers

36 dividers for Hero deck cards
24 dividers for Villain deck cards

Hero deck:

32x one for each Hero
1x SHIELD Agent
1x SHIELD Trooper
1x SHIELD Officer
1x Wounds

Villain deck:

1x Masterminds
1x Schemes
1x Scheme Twists
1x Master Strikes
6x one for each Henchmen Group
13x one of each Villain Group
1x Bystanders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
Yeah, I was quite disappointed that corrected dividers were not included in Dark City. They acknowledged that they weren't what they wanted them to be and were rushed, but they could have corrected this in Dark City, but as Upper Deck does, they cheaped out. For a $60 base game, I expect a bit more for my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls