8 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game – Dark City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cable, Disaster Survivalist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Becker

Missouri
msg tools
Okay, so if I have this card in my hand, with Dr. Doom as the Mastermind, and a Master Strike comes up, how does the timing work. If DS is my only Tech card in hand, can I reveal it, then play its ability to avoid putting two cards back on top of my deck? The wording suggests that I have to decide what to do before the Master Strike comes into play, so I couldn't use it to prevent the negative effect of the Strike, or do the effect on Dr. Doom's card, then play D.S.

For Reference:
Quote:
When a Master Strike is played, before it takes effect, you may discard this card. If you do, draw three extra cards at the end of this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ray,

You are correct. As you mention, 'Cable: Disaster Survivalist' says you can choose to discard it before the Master Strike takes effect. If you discard it then, you won't have it in your hand anymore when the Master Strike takes effect. That means you won't be able to reveal it to stop Dr. Doom's Master Strike.

Disaster Survivingly yours,

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Kansas City Chiefs fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Oahu Board Gamers Meetup participant
Can it be revealed even if the Master Strike was drawn by another player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
Can it be revealed even if the Master Strike was drawn by another player?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And if you reveal it on another player's turn, I presume you draw your three extra cards at the end of that player's turn (not yours), right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Disaster Survivalist says

Disaster Survivalist wrote:
When a Master Strike is played, before it takes effect, you may discard this card. If you do, draw three extra cards at the end of thisturn

(my emphasis)

In order to require you to draw the cards at the end of your turn, the card would have to specify that you only draw the cards at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have two Disaster Survivalist in the same hand, can I discard both in response to a single Master Strike and get 6 cards at the end if the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranerdar wrote:
If I have two Disaster Survivalist in the same hand, can I discard both in response to a single Master Strike and get 6 cards at the end if the turn?
Yes, absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls