United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the funding target achieved, Ed and I are making plans to attend Gen Con.

For the life of me, I can't find a Puffing Billy ribbon (like Origins had). Anybody know if ribbons are available?

Who wants to play what? Here are the options for games to run:

1) 18C2C. I'd be more than willing to bring my set and run one game on Thursday. Caveats: we must start early (like 8 am), I don't want more than 6 playing (including myself, and possibly Ed, so room for 4), and I'd prefer to have players that have at least read the rules.

2) 18OE. I can either run 2 full games, or (preferred) I can run 2 medium scenarios on Friday, and the full game on Saturday. That way anyone who wants to learn first then tackle the full game, can play one of the scenarios on Friday and be prepared for Saturday.

Open slots: 3 for each of the Friday games, and 5 for the Saturday game.

Any takers?

-Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 1817 fanMicrobadge: 1822: The Railways of Great Britain fan!Microbadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Australian Shepherd lover
I am interested in 180E and 18C2C, but I have some questions.

How much time on Friday would be required for the Medium 18OE scenario? What start times are you thinking for the 2 medium scenarios? I have an event scheduled at noon on Friday.

What time is the full 18OE starting on Saturday?

There should be Puffing Billy ribbons available. They were selling them, anyway. I purchased a ticket for the 18xx Potluck at 2:00 on Saturday, but might be willing to skip that and play 18OE instead.

How long will the 18C2C go on Thursday? Any chance of 18OE Medium scenarios on Thursday?

Will these be ticketed events or just run in the Game Library?

Thanks,
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned a couple weeks ago, I am in for full game on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 1817 fanMicrobadge: 1822: The Railways of Great Britain fan!Microbadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Australian Shepherd lover
I can skip the 18xx Potluck and play the full 18OE on Saturday. Put me down for that, please.

I'd like to play the medium scenario first on Friday, if I can work it out, but it will depend on the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MidLifeDelta wrote:
I can skip the 18xx Potluck and play the full 18OE on Saturday. Put me down for that, please.

I'd like to play the medium scenario first on Friday, if I can work it out, but it will depend on the time.
2-6pm I already had an 18xx scheduled for Friday, so I'd love a short 18OE during that time, too....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
MidLifeDelta wrote:

2-6pm I already had an 18xx scheduled for Friday, so I'd love a short 18OE during that time, too....
I can run either the medium or the short scenario - I would say while learning that the short one takes 6, and the medium one takes 8.

Of course, we don't have to play all the way through to get the mechanics down in anticipation of Saturday. It's up to you to decide how you want to go about it, and what time slot(s) you want to dedicate to it.

As for event tickets, I'm going to try to figure out how to get a Puffing Billy ribbon, and will be required to ask for either a ribbon, or generics to play.

I don't anticipate running it in the game library area; it will likely be run in the puffing billy area - pending Trella's response to my email.

-Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd vote short so we get the whole scenario in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Okay, I'm available Saturday to give the full game a try. Just let me know the start time.

On Friday I am attending a Die Macher event with a friend from 12:00 - 5:00. I could play the short scenario before or after that. Let me know the start times for Friday. An evening option would be ideal. We could start after dinner and go until we finish.

Also, let me know how many generics I need for Friday and Saturday.

Thanks! Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, how about we start the short scenario at 6 pm Friday? We can start the full game on Saturday at 9 am.

I'll call the 6 pm slot closed then, as it only handles 3 players.

If the generics work the same way as Origins, you'll need 2 for the game on Friday, and 6 for the game on Saturday. This assumes that 1 generic covers 2 hours of play.

-Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Sounds great. I'll plan on the Friday night short scenario / learning game and the Saturday full play. I'll purchase a bunch of generics for those. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MidLifeDelta wrote:
Sounds great. I'll plan on the Friday night short scenario / learning game and the Saturday full play. I'll purchase a bunch of generics for those. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!
Same.

Bummed about Saturday starting so early (going to miss out on the Hickman Killer Breakfast...never been, since this is our first GenCon), but I really want to play this, so concessions must be made
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I should plan 12 hours for the full 18OE play? 9:00 - 9:00? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
eapeas wrote:
MidLifeDelta wrote:
Same.

Bummed about Saturday starting so early (going to miss out on the Hickman Killer Breakfast...never been, since this is our first GenCon), but I really want to play this, so concessions must be made
I appreciate the early start (wouldn't mind moving it up to 8:00, even). I am hoping to get in some Age of Steam with friends after 18OE on Saturday. (My head may explode by the end of Gen Con)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind moving to 8 am, but I need help setting up if we're going to do that - otherwise I'll be a complete train wreck (ba-dum-pssssh!) from lack of sleep

I would suggest arriving at 7:30 am to get the game set up if you want to start at 8.

Let me know what you guys prefer.

Also, I'm going to open signups for a medium scenario starting at 10 am on Friday. As a learning game, I would anticipate this running 8 hours.

-Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Ganraeln wrote:
I wouldn't mind moving to 8 am, but I need help setting up if we're going to do that - otherwise I'll be a complete train wreck (ba-dum-pssssh!) from lack of sleep :)

I would suggest arriving at 7:30 am to get the game set up if you want to start at 8.

Also, I'm going to open signups for a medium scenario starting at 10 am on Friday. As a learning game, I would anticipate this running 8 hours.

-Mark
I can show up at 7:30 AM Sat to help setup for an 8:00 AM start, if 8:00 will work for the rest of the folks already planning to join us.

I'm still planning to attend the 6:00 PM Friday Short scenario learning game. I will be unable to attend the 10:00 AM Fri play.

Thanks!

Edit: grammar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MidLifeDelta wrote:
Ganraeln wrote:
I wouldn't mind moving to 8 am, but I need help setting up if we're going to do that - otherwise I'll be a complete train wreck (ba-dum-pssssh!) from lack of sleep

-Mark
I can show up at 7:30 AM Sat to help setup for an 8:00 AM start, if 8:00 will work for the rest of the folks already planning to join us.

I'm still planning to attend the 6:00 PM Friday Short scenario learning game. I will be unable to attend the 10:00 AM Fri play.

Thanks!

Edit: grammar

In for 730 too. I'd kinda like to help set it up to give me an idea on what to expect when I get my copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You'll be able to see how I keep my set packed, too - I think there was some discussion of that on another thread.

Hint: lots and lots of tiny ziplock bags... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ganraeln wrote:

You'll be able to see how I keep my set packed, too - I think there was some discussion of that on another thread.

Hint: lots and lots of tiny ziplock bags... ninja
Seeing as we have been able to acquire a couple thousand ziplock bags ranging from 3"x4" to 9"x12", I'd love to see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gen Con update:

Ed and I will be bringing both 18C2C and 18OE to Gen Con this year. The event schedule will be as follows:

18C2C: possible game on Thursday - if there's interest, I will run a game of this from 10 am to midnight. Plenty of open slots (4), so post here if you want to play.

18OE: Medium scenario will be run from 10 am to 6 pm on Friday. 3 open slots. A short scenario will be run 6 pm to midnight on Friday, but this one is filled already.

18OE: The full game will be run on Saturday, from 8 am to 8 pm-ish. 2 remaining open slots.

See you all next week!

-Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'd love to give C2C a go, I think Friday night/all day Saturday is enough for me. I'll definitely drop by and see it in action for a short bit, though.

And Mark, do you have a confirmation of location?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
While I'd love to give C2C a go, I think Friday night/all day Saturday is enough for me. I'll definitely drop by and see it in action for a short bit, though.

And Mark, do you have a confirmation of location?
Yes, Trella told me that she can get me a table next to the Puffing Billy area, so we'll cluster there when it's time to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls