Laurent LECOMTE
France
Maizy
Aisne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I played the game and some questions occurs concerning the bandits:

2c: to count your defense value, do you count field defense AND empire defense ? or only Field Defense.

3: what is the enemy ability ? do you have to read that if the value in the bandit card is more of egal to you defense the effect occurs ? do you count the defense of you field AND you empire ? or only Field Defense.

Effect: if one effect say you can add good on a caravan, doest it mean you can and a good even if the caravan has already 4 goods, or once the caravan is out, you can't never go beyond the limit of 4 ?
When you muse remove 1 good, can the player choose de caravan or it's always the best good ?
for exemple:
caravan 1: 2 gold
caravan 2: 2 wine + glassware

Can I choose caravan 2 and discard 1 wine or I have to choose caravan 1 and one gold ?

Thanks in advance for the answer. Can't wait to try again this nice game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2c. the strength of all your defense cards in your Field (the big black shield number) + the Soldier, Encampment and Outpost cards in your Empire if they are there

3. the Enemy Ability is listed next to the large black shield on the cards (text is in yellow). Only apply this ability if you have not defeated the card in Phase 2C

The trade good limit is 4 goods. the cards you are asking about allow you to add extra goods (up to 4) to a caravan which has already begun

The Bandit and Pirate cards specify removing either the most valuable good or least valuable but the player can determine which good, of those, they wish to remove. In your example you'd lose Gold

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
The trade good limit is 4 goods. the cards you are asking about allow you to add extra goods (up to 4) to a caravan which has already begun
This will be a change for us! We nearly always put four goods in a caravan, so those cards become less powerful for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent LECOMTE
France
Maizy
Aisne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With this rule i think the 6 bandit, i think his power if too powerfull and a game breaker. I can twist the game so badly when he show up and no one will play new caravan until he is defeated.

I like the fact there is bandit, but i think it would be work also this way:

Bandit occurs, in trade you apply the effect if the empire + field can defend. If you can't you lost apply the effect. If you can, you discard the bandit but no reward, they are removed from the game.

Any thought on this ?

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Baker
msg tools
mbmb
Whizkid wrote:
dumarest123 wrote:
This will be a change for us! We nearly always put four goods in a caravan, so those cards become less powerful for us.
Oh wow. Same here. I figured, since it didn't say something like "...or add I trade good to I caravan that isn't full. [glassware/spices]" or something like "Add I trade good to a caravan that isn't full OR swap I trade good..." I could just add on a 5th or 6th good onto the caravan. Last game I played, I added 2 wine to a caravan that had 2 wine and 2 porcelain in it using two Trading Posts...though I still got my ass handed to me by the Romans, so it didn't help that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls