Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it as a sudden burst of antiMuslim religious fervor allowing for the reconstitution of the Knights (after all, to rebuild it it has to have been destroyed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, a new "order" might have formed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
UpstateGamer wrote:
Had the Ottomans prevailed at Malta, the Knights of St. John would have been slaughtered to the last man.

In game terms, you're just saying that they were played for CPs after being wiped out for the second time.

This fits quite well with my observations in-game - I've never seen the KoSJ resurrected twice. This might be because they are rarely resurrected, and if they are it's usually in a space that the Ottoman doesn't care about assaulting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turbothy wrote:

This fits quite well with my observations in-game - I've never seen the KoSJ resurrected twice. This might be because they are rarely resurrected, and if they are it's usually in a space that the Ottoman doesn't care about assaulting.

I've never seen them resurrected either, but lately, I've been wondering why not.

It's an extra two dice against Ottoman piracy (one for the fortress that's created and another for the Knights).

As Spain, I might be tempted to pay for it to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
turbothy wrote:

I've never seen them resurrected either, but lately, I've been wondering why not.

It's an extra two dice against Ottoman piracy (one for the fortress that's created and another for the Knights).

As Spain, I might be tempted to pay for it to be played.

That is a good point... unlike HIS, the space does not go neutral. If the Ottomans target Spain and the Knights are adjacent with a fortress there, that would be two dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.