Subject: Any femails who game in Ottawa? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kat bellehumeur
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hello, I am a 26 year old female who just moved to Ottawa and am finding it hard to meet people. I am looking for a females game group (preferably D&D) to join. Not too picky on the games, Magic and D&D being the most played (for board or table games) but I am more than willing to learn any others!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aestolia Silverfalls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Kat, welcome to Ottawa!

Not sure if you'relooking sspecifically for a 'ladies only' group, but there are a number of groups which gather regularly.

The comic book shoppe on bank has an open board game night every Wednesday, and every second Wednesday the Ottawa Ladies MTG society meets up (you can find them on Facebook with that name).

Every Monday at the royal Oak at Bank and Gloucester the local board game geeks meet up.

Not sure which part of town your in, there are also a biweekly group I Kanata.

I'm pretty sure Orleans and Westboro also have groups, but I've not looked into them as of yet.

On the D&d side of things I can't help as much. Best I can suggest is to check out Fandom II. That have a post board for people to put up game requests (both looking for and offering). My current groups already have 2 different games going. If I hear about one startingup tthough I'll let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat bellehumeur
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
I would prefer a "ladies only" group, as the last group I tried to join had too many "guys nights" where I missed too much, and my character fell behind in too many levels..... If I can find an "equal opportunity" group, I wouldn't mind joining.... But again, I would prefer to stick to my own kind, so to speak.... And thanks for the welcome....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat bellehumeur
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
And to clarify, D&D and Magic are just the only "board or table" game that I play. If you don't mind having someone totally new come in to your game the next time you start up/have a new campaign, I would love to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Hamburger loverMicrobadge: DC Comics Deck-Building Game fanMicrobadge: Wonder Woman fanMicrobadge: Pick me up K.I.T.T.!Microbadge: The Thing fan
Well, from experience I can safely say that the group that meets at the Royal Oak on Mondays, has by far the most female players out of the events and groups I've attended in the last two years or so. My wife and I play there from time to time and really enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Hamburger loverMicrobadge: DC Comics Deck-Building Game fanMicrobadge: Wonder Woman fanMicrobadge: Pick me up K.I.T.T.!Microbadge: The Thing fan
Oh, and meetup.com has some groups for D&D. Might have better luck there in finding a female RPG group. Dunno, but thought it might help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Aestolia wrote:
The comic book shoppe on bank ... every second Wednesday the Ottawa Ladies MTG society meets up (you can find them on Facebook with that name).
And I would second that the Comic Book Shoppe (alternating Wednesday), Westboro Legion (alternating Wednesday) and Royal Oak (Monday) all have a large number of girls. But normaly people play a larger variety of board games (normally not magic and D&D). See Aestolia post for girls night MTG info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
accursed1 wrote:
I would prefer a "ladies only" group, as the last group I tried to join had too many "guys nights" where I missed too much, and my character fell behind in too many levels..... If I can find an "equal opportunity" group, I wouldn't mind joining.... But again, I would prefer to stick to my own kind, so to speak.... And thanks for the welcome....
Hi! I just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly: your previous group would have separate sessions (lots of em) to which you weren't invited but in which they still gained xp towards the characters that they played in the sessions you were there for? Sounds like a bunch of jerks. Most every campaign I've ever been in, all the players' characters were generally intended to level up together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aestolia Silverfalls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
The groups I'm in generally go by 'if one person can't make it, we push on, any more than that and we call the night.'

Lately our groups have also moved towards plot point based xp rather than straight fight experience. (ie after you reach point x the team levels up regardless of encounters) Means the GM doesn't have to worry about too many/few random encounters.

Having party members falling behind and at different xp levels just usually ends up causing more problems than good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Luedtke
Canada
flag msg tools
Not sure if this will help but I am a girl who is hosting a D&D event on July 21 at Zaphods. Might be a way to meet a possible new group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Meeple's Republic was founded by two women. They're having an event on the 21st as well. The attendees include men, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Luedtke
Canada
flag msg tools
They also don't do D&D or any kind of RPG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls